Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Okay, so I have enough money to buy Jess's Tree Swing, but every post I read that has something to do with Jess, Has said that the Tree Swing isn't worth it to buy it. What is wrong with it that everyone doesn't like about it, and can the problem be fixed?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We got it about a month after ordering Jess, and I, we LOVE IT..Dd plays with it all the time!! Jess doesnt lay down in it really she sort of reclines!! I really think its worth it and it makes a wonderful display piece. It is on DD dresser with Jess sitting in it and it doesnt take up a whole bunch of room.. I would say buy it, its lots of fun to play with. DD also uses it next to the Cabana when she plays.. Money well spent in my humble opinion [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD hasn't played with it at all. She doesn't like the fact that Jess has to lay down to sit in it. I thought it would be cute to display Jess in, but she has to lay down and the bar is right acrossed her face. Someone said you could modify it so she doesn't have to lay down to sit in it. I don't think it was worth the $48.00 personally.

monimarine

Our Jess doesn't have to lay down to sit in it. It sits on DD's dresser and all the dolls share it. DD likes the sounds it plays. Someone had figured out a way to rig the seat bar so that it sat just a little bit lower.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, well then I guess I will get it when I make my next purchase from AG. Thanks!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't purchased it yet, but I saw it in the stores and thought it was super-cute and pretty good quality. Maybe the amount is a little steep, but if you want it you want it. Personally, I want to get it and pair it with the Cabana so I can have a tropical beach scene. The chair is high, but seems fairly straightforward to rig.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to add that it is a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be, but I am glad I got it. I move it around the house, and it has been in several displays - all my dollies love it and tell me it is quite comfortable! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We saw it at AG PlaceNY just about a week ago. It is cute, makes sounds, but I didn't like it well enough to pay the money for it. It is big enough to be a little bulky to display, yet not really big enough to fit the doll comfortably (IMO). Her head has to squeeze in behind the bar. For sleeping, she has to sort of sit; for sitting, she is slumped down. My DD and I are thinking of finding a way to hang a slightly larger hammock that she can actually sleep in. They used to sell mesh hammocks at the Dollar Tree stores meant to store small stuffed animals in. I am thinking one would work for an AG sleeping or beach hammock. I hadn't thought of using the hammock with the cabana, but that's a neat idea. I have the cabana, though I've never taken it out of the box due to lack of display space.
    Catherine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The tree swing is one of the things I love about Jess (I know any doll can use it.) I just noticed that they have the world of Jess on sale now, with a motor bike too. I was planning on getting it all for DD for Christmas (maybe I will save some of it for her birthday gift later in March too.) Glad I waited so I can get it all at once. I didn't see the motor bike on sale seperatily.

Has this already been discused to dealth and I just missed the thread? I havne't been around too much, but I love all the new stuff on the site.

I like the new BB too actually. I think I will just get the 2 dark haired girls, since I have 2 girls (but different ages.) they can share better that way.

Polly Marie

It is a great item to display your doll in, Jess sits just right in it, if you add some yellow(matches AG's) ribbon and lengthen each of the 2 top tied ribbons provided a bit.

It's tropical and is a "look at me" type of item, so it may not fit in with everyone's display. As far as play appeal, I believe it is a tall item & may not be appropriate for a lot of play appeal since it is just seats one doll.

I just fell in love with the nighttime picture of the swing in the catalog.
    [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] " A-weema-weh A-weema-weh A-weema-weh A-weema-weh
    In the jungle, the mighty jungle
    The lion sleeps tonight
    In the jungle, the quiet jungle
    The lion sleeps tonight" [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]
    http://www.stinalisa.com/Lion.html

The swing is meant to be [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] tropical, but I can imagine it being in a jungle also! [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

Polly Marie