Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Just thought I'd pass these on since they basically cover where I disappeared to all weekend, lol. First, saw Ice Age 2, and it was HILARIOUS. Absolutely fantastic from beginning to end. Go see it, it was great. The other movie we watched is on DVD. The Greatest Game Ever Played. We saw it in the theaters and it was so wonderful that we bought it right away, and it was great to rediscover just how great it was. For those of you who do not know what it is about, it's about the 1900 US Open golf match between Harry Varden and Francis Ouiment. Shia LeBouf plays Francis Ouimet just beautifully. His caddy, Eddie, steals the movie though. It's definitely one of the very best sports movies ever made, and it is of course a true story. I can't express just how good this movie was, so go out and rent it. heck, buy it, lol, I did. Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter/Passover!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews. I LOVE watching golf and it sounds like The Greatest Game Ever Played would be something I would love. I usually only get to see kids movies and then near Oscar time I try to get in a few of the nominations. Anyways, thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well, the Greatest Game Ever Played is definitely family friendly, so I'm sure your whole family will love it!

Janie3082

The Greatest Game Ever Played is an excellent movie! Hubby and I saw it in the theatre and just bought it and we love it! Shia does an excellent job playing Francis. (I used to love watching him on the Disney chanel in Even Stevens) It is rated PG, there's a few minor cuss words. Overall, wonderful movie! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]