Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Today with the American Girl Mother Daughter Tea at the the Palmer Lake Branch Library. Myself and a full time employee, Jodie have been planning this event for several months although as everone generally agrees I should get most of the credit. We arrived and began setting up at 10:15am this morning. We had 60 people in attendance. We were ready to get at 11:30am, and we started on time by some small miracle.

We began our event with a craft: Doll-sized Polymer Clay Cookies.
    These went over really well, mother's and daughters a like were getting really creative. They really enjoyed it, I had everything they needed in a pre-made kit, and they could take it all home with them at the end of the Tea too. I gave them intructions on how to make chocolate chunk cookies, oreos, shortbreads, and kiss cookies but saw sweet roles, pretzles, and a few other things when I put them in the over to cook.

After the craft we did our ediable craft: of Mini Birthday Cakes, taken from Tiny Treats. This also went over really well. They had fun icing and decorating the cakes with the sprinkles we provided. They got to take these home in a cupcake paper.

Then we had our tea. We served hot tea, lemonade, water, jam cookies, crackers with cheese, and home made scones. A local business owner offered a few days to make scones for us as we had been unable to aquire them commerically. She owns a local resturant that everyone just raves about. They were just amazing served with a variety of fruit preserves.

We wrapped the event up with me getting up and talking about my dolls, the history of American Girl and basic doll care.

I am exhausted as I was still pulling together the final details last night. Jodi is not exactly the most organized or well planned person I have ever met. It was a sucessful event. I was happy to see that our 60 guests were really enjoying themselves.

I am really sorry but I did not get any pictures taken as I spend most of the event in the kitchen dealing with the food and baking the polymer clay craft. I had my 10 AG and 5 AE dolls out on a table and the girls would run up to the table and look at them but during the entire two hour event NO ONE touched them. I was amazed.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2106408664

Ashley

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 13, 2006 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Ds9jullian ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ashley, that is just wonderful! I'm so glad you did something like this! I'm glad everything went ok. I know how exhausting it is, as I have done several AG events. Hope you get to do it again! [img]smile.gif[/img]

13Pumpkins

That sounds fun. I can't believe no one touched your dolls!! I would have had I been there.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad it turned out to be a success, Ashley. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so glad it turned out so well, looks like everyone had tons of fun. I wish there was something like that around where I live [img]smile.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

Glad your even turned out well, looks like you had a wonderful time.