Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I fractured my kneecap and can't walk.I'm now NOT going to AGPLA and have no idea what
    to do..Anyone have some fun tips for me to spend my 3 day weekend?
    [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] Mimi
    P.S.I need a [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww! Big hug! What were you doing that caused you to fracture your kneecap?

My Kirsten is my little care-taker, and she sends a big hug out to you! She also suggests soft blankets, good movies, and dollie hugs as remedies for bad days! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all: [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] <<Hugs!>>

I'm so sorry about your knee! I hope you're not in too much pain. Can you at least sit on the floor, or on the bed? Maybe this would be a good weekend to re-organize your doll things, or watch the Samantha and Felicity movies while you lay on the sofa. Since you seem to be able to sit at the computer, why not go to AGs or Curt's site and make your wishlist for the holidays. Re-read your favorite historical doll's set of stories. Make Fimo food for your dolls. Set up you dolls and accessories, and make an albim. If you don't want to do something with AG, maybe this would be a good opportunity to catch up with a favorite indoor hobby, or start a new one. Do you scrapbook? This might be a good time to catch up. I hope that helps, and I hope you feel better soon!

~Dee

Polly Marie

I'm so sorry. Hope you recover quickly. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Take care of your body this weekend so the healing process can start. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]
    Hand sewing, reading, TV watching, painting/drawing, writing, computer time or whatever is interesting & restful. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I am so sorry! *reaches out in state-to-state hug* Please be careful, and try to enjoy the opportunity to relax at home. Enjoying the extra computer time, reading time, movie time, and dolly time sound like good ideas to me. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Thanks!!!CaliGirl, I tripped and fractured it than aggravated it by running [img]redface.gif[/img] stupid isn't it?DaisyDee,thank you for the great ideas!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Ilove to scrap book...and I want to do something AG because I was going to AGPLA.I want to make an album but don't know how!! [img]confused.gif[/img] NE way ,is NEone doing a doll travel because that might cheer me up!! [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (<- I'm happy again!!!)Mimi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Sorry Jeanette and Polly Marie Didn't see you!!! [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] Thanks!!!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 29, 2006 05:32 PM: Message edited by: flowerinaag ]</font>

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh! [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] Lots and lots of Hugs. I would suggest reading a good book, or rereading your favs! That allways works for me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*hugs hard* I'm so sorry about the injury sweetie; I know how rough those can be. I once double sprained my left ankle.

Here's a few things you can do that don't involve the television. (And they can equal some funny dolly ideas, too!)

You will need:

1 Toilet paper roll (with nothing on it)
    4 popsicle sticks
    Masking tape/duct tape/etc.
    Yarn (multiple different types equals a lot of fun!)

Now, here's how you do it.

First, take your paper roll and your 4 popsicle sticks. Get your tape ready too. Place one of the popsicle sticks on the outside of the roll, and tape it on. The 4 sticks need to be sticking up over the roll as evenly as possible. Maybe an inch? The goal here is to place all 4 sticks on the roll in a diamond or square shape, depending on how you look at it. Something like this (pretend the clock is the roll):

<center>-</center>
    <center>- [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img] -</center>
    <center>-</center>

With those taped in place (You may want to go around the roll several times with your tape), you can get out your yarn and really start. Make sure to keep your four-stick end on the top.

Find one of the ends of the yarn to begin with. You'll need to make a slip-knot. (To make a slip-knot, hold the short end of the yarn in your left hand (try to keep the short end about 3 inches), and the long end that goes back into the huge clump of yarn in your right. Take your right hand (long end) and cross it over the short end, making a small loop. Take the long end and push it through the hoop, then begin pulling it through. You should have a hoop through a hoop. Now pull the short end to tighten the first hoop around the second hoop. Ta-da; you have a slip-knot! If the hoop you created is too big, simply pull the long end down to make it smaller and tighter.)

With your slip-knot ready, grab your roll and place the slip-knot over one of the popsicle sticks. Tighten it around the stick, and if there's any of the short end left, stick it into the roll.

Now that that's secure, take the long end and move to the stick to your left. Wrap the long end around the stick. Move around the roll and do this with all of them, until you're back at the slip-knot.

From here, it's very continuous and easy. Take your long end and pull it across the popsicle stick above the slip-knot, like so:

<center>&#0124;&#0124;</center>
    (long end is ------) <center>-------</center>
    (stick is &#0124;&#0124 <center>&#0124;&#0124;</center>
    (slip-knot is --) <center>--</center>

Take the slip-knot and pull it OVER the long end. That'll secure it and start the project. Move on to the next one, which also has a neat and convenient loop for you to pull over the long end. Just keep doing this all the way around.

If you want to change colors after awhile of doing this, just cut the yarn about six inches from where it's connected in the roll, then just tie the end of your new yarn onto it. That knot will simply get embedded into your creation, so try and keep it on the small side.

These make great scarves for the dolls, or they can be wound around and around and pinned to make circular rugs. Be creative!

I hope you feel better soon, and if my little craft makes things a little more bearable, then I've done my job.

*hugs again* Good luck!

*Kas

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow Kas that is Awesome i can't knit so your idea is awesome!!It's like a cheat knitting pattern [img]wink.gif[/img] I'm now going to have a fun weekend !!!!Thanx for all the ideas!!!!nice siggy QueenNellieElizabeth!!!
    [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] + [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] + [img]graemlins/computer.gif[/img] and you= [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast