Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What are you trying to do today?

I'm trying to get inspired to do dishes and clean my kitchen, but it's awfully dark and gloomy and cold outside, and I feel so lethargic. I'd much rather just veg in bed and watch TV or do something dollie.

But instead I'm making myself a cup of British black tea, for a jump-start, and I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other, in the kitchen.

And Jess is the one selected to help me with the dishes this time. So of course I had to brush her hair first. It was my first time to undo her hair, so yesterday I took a lot of pictures first, so that I could compare how it was from the factory with how I did it. I like the way they did it and don't want to lose that.

My goddaughter is staying with me again. Her godfather (not my husband) took her to the zoo. My husband is working on getting ready for a concert tonight. My older son is sick and hanging out on the couch with his girlfriend. And my younger son is still away at college. The cats are the ones with the real life, in this house.

cats

Joy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 29, 2006 03:36 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Ashley1972

I'm feeling lethargic myself. It must be the weather. [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] I did get myself to clean the kitchen but the whole house needs to be dusted and I'm working on laundry now. My nieces spent the night and they're supposed to be going home now but I don't have the heart to interrupt them while they are playing with....you guessed it! American Girl dolls!! They want dolls of their own and I would give them one of mine but the ones they want(Lissie and Mari) belong to my 2 DD's.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now I'm envious of the dress in your avatar! [img]redface.gif[/img]

I checked the seller you got it from, but she doesn't have one like it right now. That's actually a good thing, because I can't afford it right now. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Ok. Must do dishes. Must do dishes. Must do dishes.....

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL!!!! I need to do the dishes too, but here I sit!!!! I am unmotivated today!! It is gloomy out and I just picked up some used dvds today, so I am going to watch one and curl up in my blanky!!!!!!!
    I also need to do the laundry and try to motivate dh to mow the lawn!!!!!! [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am feeling very lethargic today, too! I had an overnight with my Girl Scout Troop. It was an all school GS lock-in from 7 PM until 7 AM. We did crafts, community service, had snacks, an American Idol-like competition, ordered in pizza and chocolate chip cookies, showed a movie (Madagascar) then slept on the gym floor. We woke up about 6 AM (after falling asleep around 2 AM) and had donuts and juice. There were about 120 girls and 25 Moms participating. Our craft was decorating pillowcases with fabric markers, stencils and paints so the girls would have a keepsake of the lock-in. The community service was weaving small baskets that we filled with crayons, small cards, coloring pictures and a small puzzle for Milwaukee Children's Hospital.

So, today, I am laying low. I just put the dishwasher on and swept up the kitchen. I cleaned the whole house yesterday, so I am pretty good for the weekend. I made a cup of coffee for myself
    and I am relaxing until I make dinner. I am making tacos, guacamole, rice and beans for dinner so it will be easy. Then, tonight my 15 year old is singing at our high schools talent show so we will go see the show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is four twenty two and so many wonderful things have happened today....My youngest grandson was born today...little Jacob...My DH and I took his brother yard saleing and got a high chair for Bitty Baby....Went to see the sweet new baby....came home took everyone Geocaching and found two....now we are getting ready to go to the hospital again....a great day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My son and daughter just left for a birthday party with Dad, but instead of being able to veg out (it's rainy here too), I have to go into work tonight and make sure a system is up and running properly! I may have to splurge on a peanut-butter milkshake to get me through....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by marymax:
    It is four twenty two and so many wonderful things have happened today....My youngest grandson was born today...little Jacob...My DH and I took his brother yard saleing and got a high chair for Bitty Baby....Went to see the sweet new baby....came home took everyone Geocaching and found two....now we are getting ready to go to the hospital again....a great day.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh - That is so great, Mary. Congratulations!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations MaryMax!!!!!! Sounds like you are having the best day of all!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your cats are darling, Joy! And congratulations, Marymax!

I need to clean and work on a costume I'm making, and perhaps bake some more bread (my last loaf turned out pretty poorly, though, so I'm a bit unmotivated for that). I have no idea what will happen in reality; last Saturday I meant to do the same things, and neither really got done at all! I'm tempted to go antique/thrift storing but those are all a drive and the last several times I went I didn't find anything even marginally interesting, so it doesn't seem like the wisest idea!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast