Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm taking a much needed break from all the work around me and noticed your post. DS's Birthday party is tomorrow so it has been a busy day! Not to mention, we leave for WDW next Saturday and I am trying to get packed for that. I just finished making a huge cheeseball and baking a cake. DH went to get the kids a pizza so I am taking a breather.

It has been a gorgeous day here in VA. DD played in the sandbox earlier and DS rode his bike. Wish it could stay like this through the summer months.

Congratulations, Marymax. What a wonderful day! Babies are such a blessing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We had a busy day. Of course I checked the board this morning then, it was off to soccer (DD's team on in a nail biter in the last minute), then I had to work at the school carnival. Today was what Creative Memories used to be called National Scrapbook Day and since I couldn't go we just stopped by and shopped. We stopped by to see DH at work and then by my mom's before getting back home at 4:30. Now I'm wiped out. I need to do laundry but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. DD is spending the night with her cousins so I'll just veg in front of the TV with my laptop. Kit is with me now.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In a little while, I'm going to a concert by this guy.....

http://www.jimcroegaert.com/

I love his music. My husband has been the recording engineer and/or producer of several of his albums or parts of some albums. He also plays upright bass, or electric bass, or flugal horn (sp?) on some of the albums and at some of the concerts. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

My older son was born the night of one of Jim's big concerts that included a choir and and a liturgical dance team. My husband had put together the sound system for that concert, and he was the only one who knew how to put it together and run it. But he ended up having to spend the whole day, evening and night with me, so they made do with some other equipment and some other sound guy! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats Marymax on your new grandson! Today I went to a huge mall. It is actually the 3rd largest mall in America. Then I went to an island, and ate and got some ice-cream. Now I am just taking a break.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The past week was mostly spent working with "high maintenance" type family and friends. Very draining. This afternoon I finally stopped and I'm practically falling asleep at the computer!

The best part of today was this morning. My dh, father-in-law and I picked out my Mother's Day present to myself - a new walk-behind, self-propelled Snapper lawn mower. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yes! I totally love mowing the lawn so I'm really pumped about the new mower. Alas, I'm too exhausted so I only mowed about 20 minutes. But that machine is awesome.

It was really fun reading all the posts in this thread. Sounds like it was the perfect weekend for girl gatherings. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Julia

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 29, 2006 07:28 PM: Message edited by: JuliaAM ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have one more week of school and then finals. I have a huge presentation due Wednesday for one class and a five page paper (minimum is 5 pages) due Wednesday for a different class. Then I can breathe a little. I have no energy today, even though it was spring fling here on cmapus, and it was a beautiful day. I took 2 naps today, and my excuse is that I had to wake up early to open the pool [img]wink.gif[/img] . (I am a lifeguard, as well as other things)

prasnlrd
    Today was a wonderful total "kick-back" ME day. After my garage sale trip bottomed out, I slept in until 8am.

I have been talking myself out of going to AGPLA and have made it for today. I hope I stay away from there tomorrow too. [img]eek.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JenniferRobin:
    It's raining here in Jefferson County, WA. A good day to play with my dolls! My 25 pound cat got up into the rafters under the porch roof today to get out of the rain, and then couldn't get down.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jennie, What are you feeding that cat?!! McDonald's cheeseburgers?? Ha Ha! I can't believe that cat made it up to the rafters!

It is rainy here in MO! We are in St. Louis this weekend! My wonderful parents-in-law
    like to spring every once in a while to get a hotel for me, my husband and kids, themselves, and my husbands sister and her family! We eat dinner out, go to happy hour, go to the hot tub/pool, and just relax visiting with one another! It's so nice!! I took my Molly with me. Molly always travels with me!

rolloverrover

DS12 had a baseball game at 9:30 this morning which they won 10-5. My mom showed up at the game also so I chatted with her. Then, DS15's friend came over and I dropped them off at the movies. I then went on to Macy's as they were having a sale on my favorite bra (buy 2 get 1 free!). Then, I went to the 99 Ranch Market and got my favorite oolong tea. Then, I picked up DS15 and his friend and brought them back to our house for an overnighter. DS12 is spending the night at a friend's house.

DH worked some extra hours here at home today, but in about a half hour we're going to watch a movie together, ending in time to watch the 10 o'clock news, while DS15 and his friend do their own thing and watch a movie of their own.

Tomorrow is laundry day.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 29, 2006 10:01 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Today, I have been running around all day, with the stuff that needed to get done not getting done.

1. Had an contact lens appointment (9am)
    2. Went out to breakfast (10am)
    3. Ran some errands.
    4. Came home (11:30am)
    5. Went to the mall to see the craft show (they had AG style clothes. I bought a poodle skirt outfit, purple sandals with flowers, jeans and tank top outfit, and pink jelly sandals. (Actually my mom bought most of it).
    6. Helped my mom return things in the mall.
    7. Left after about 4 hours.
    8. Went grocery shopping with mom.
    9. Went out to dinner with 'rents.
    10. Came home FINALLY (9:30 at night, after being in and out from 8:30 on)
    11. Now I'm waiting for hubby to arrive home.

Long, Long day!

-Jordyn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast