Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I got my Craft Swap today! It is so incredibly adorable. It is from Daisy Dee and she sent the sweetest note along with it.

Here is the note:

"I know this box is a little late,
    So I surely hope it was worth the wait!

Our HB Swap is for spreading goodwill,
    But I was stuck in bed, feeling ill.

Making these crafts was a lot of fun,
    And I'm so glad they're finally done!

So please enjoy these gifts from me,
    Your secret swapper -- Daisy Dee!"

Isn't that just the sweetest poem? And you wouldn't believe how cute all of the things in the box were. First, there was the most adorable little Chinese take-out box, AG sized, filled with miniature fortune cookies! With fortunes in them! Incredible.

Then, I opened this little box that had a doll-sized pizza box with a picture of Coconut on it that says, "Coconut's Pizza...We get it there Lick-ety Split!" Inside, there is a real pizza, cut into doll-sized pieces made of fimo...how incredibly adorable!

Then, last, I opened the tissue paper to find the most precious bright yellow poncho, which will be just perfect for my Susie May, who has been eyeing the poncho on that travel outfit in the AG catalog for months. Now she has one of her very own! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am so thrilled with everything and yes, it was definitely worth waiting for! Thank you so much, Daisy Dee. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Here is a picture of what I received:

AG Craft Swap from Daisy Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whew! I'm so glad you liked them! I did the poncho with a realllly small crochet hook so the stitches would be close to scale, and I had to split the yarn in half so it would be small enough for the hook. So between that and getting sick, that's what took me so long. I had lot of fun with the fimo too. The boxes came from Jim's Dollhouse Pages. There are lots of really neat things that are close or close enough to AG scale. It was a lot of fun, I can't wait until the next swap!

~Dee

prasnlrd

IS THAT CUTE OR WHAT!!! Is there ever going to be another CRAFT SWAP???? [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] Missed the First one [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

thepidget

DaisyDee--

Very cute job! I love the fortune cookies. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Too bad I missed out on the craft swap (I think I joined HB too late). I would love to participate in another swap if that happens. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We do need to do another craft swap. Maybe a theme one, like making something that represents the state you are from, or a season. When should we do another one? Christmas time would be fun (although that's a long ways away), but it could be hectic with the holiday season. Anyone else with ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dee-
    What cute items. I love the pizza and cookies! You are really good with that Fimo business, I don't think I'd ever be able to make a pizza that looked quite that realistic! Susan thanks for sharing, I loved the photo!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wowah! That is awesome! I loved them! I would also like to do another craft swap, they were so fun! I wouldn't mind planning and organizing, when should we do it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How about a back to school/autumn swap? I can't believe I just typed that! [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] Today is the last day of school for my kids. lol. It would give everyone a chance to enjoy the summer & then get geared up for the fall by making school or fall related crafts. I know by the end of summer the kid's & I are all looking for something fun to do. Just a suggestion. [img]wink.gif[/img] I would do it again in a heartbeat. We had fun making (and esp. receiving [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] ) crafts.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DaisyDee:
    The boxes came from Jim's Dollhouse Pages. There are lots of really neat things that are close or close enough to AG scale.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What a cool website! I had never seen that before -- he's got some very neat stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast