Thread: May be a stupid question...but,

T. Lynn

does anyone know where I can find the product code or item number for the American Girl Today dolls from 1995 (when they were first released)?

I have made a spreadsheet in excel of everything we own, the year it was, the item number and cost. I wanted this list incase I ever sold something or lost anything in a fire.

I found everything else on Meg's site but didn't find a product # for the 1995 Today dolls. Everything else was listed so I don't know where else to look.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think GT 1, GT 2, etc. *was* the product code back then. It wasn't until they started messing with the meet outfits that the product code got fancier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by T. Lynn:
    does anyone know where I can find the product code or item number for the American Girl Today dolls from 1995 (when they were first released)?

I have made a spreadsheet in excel of everything we own, the year it was, the item number and cost. I wanted this list incase I ever sold something or lost anything in a fire.

I found everything else on Meg's site but didn't find a product # for the 1995 Today dolls. Everything else was listed so I don't know where else to look.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm pretty sure Curt's site has it, but it's just G and then the number.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My '97 catalog has them listed as GT 1C, GT 2C, etc. I'm not sure if in '95 they were introduced as GT 1A, or just GT 1 - with the 1B, 2B, etc. added in '96. [img]confused.gif[/img] Anyone have a 1995 catalog and can help us out? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Edited to add that I just checked my subsequent catalogs - the letter didn't change to D (GT 1D, etc.) till Fall 1999, and then changed to E (GT 1E, etc.) with the 2nd Holiday 2000 catalog. In the Holiday 2002, the numbering system changed to AB-GT 1F, etc; and in 2003, they started adding in new letters that changed with each edition of the catalog.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 20, 2006 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

mandy1995

I have a 1995 holiday catalog and they're listed GT 1,GT 2,GT 3 etc. I think that's what you're looking for. [img]smile.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Did the american girl today dolls come out in the spring or fall?

Thanks so much for everyones help!!!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 20, 2006 01:31 PM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I seem to remember that they were introduced in the Fall 1995 catalog. Does anyone have a spring or summer catalog from that year and can verify whether or not they were out before fall?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 20, 2006 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>