Thread: OT: jewelry recall from Shirley Temple DVDs

Janie3082

Exclamation

I just received an email about this. I have been purchasing the Shirley Temple movies(20th Century Fox)that have been re-released in the pink DVD cases; they have only been on shelves since last fall or so.

I bought one of the DVDs from Amazon in November last year, and they are the ones that sent me the email just tonight.

Almost all of the DVDs are advertised with a sticker on the outside of the case that they contain a free charm or bracelet inside. The message says the jewelry is being recalled for toxic lead hazard.

I thought there might be several families here who have these movies, especially since there are so many of you that have little girls. Here is the link for what to do with the defective jewelry. It's really easy to take care of.

Jewelry Recall Information

If you scroll down the page, it shows what one of the DVD cases looks like, and also pictures of all the charms. Hope this helps someone!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have one of those charms from the Heidi DVD . . . the one with the little Dutch shoes. So what do I do? Do I just send it in? Do I get something back? i don't get it! I have never had anything that was recalled before!

Janie3082

If you open the link that I called "Jewelry Recall Information", it tells you exactly what to do. I haven't ever had anything recalled before either, but I found it very easy to do.

The link walks you through a few steps and gives you something to print out, and you tape your charms to the paper and mail it in. It even says they will reimburse your postage.