Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sent our WB Molly to the AG hospital for some arm work (finger cut off). She came back with all new limbs. Not surprising, since there was probably a color issue. But here's the deal~she no longer has neck ties, but the plastic clip. Plus, none of the limbs are all that 'tight', but particularly the right leg. I doubt that we'd want to sell her in the future, but does going to the hospital reduce the value if there are new limbs, plastic neck clip, etc? Also, do the limbs loosen with play like the original ones? [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would think that a plastic neck clip and loose limbs would definitely reduce her value and her limbs will continue to loosen over time, especially if you keep her in a seated position.

If I were you, I would call them and demand they make it right.
    They should send you a refund for your second round of postage and they should tighten the limbs and put in neck strings at no charge. They are usually pretty good about this kind of thing so if you get a negative or even an apathetic response, I would ask to speak to someone else.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MaryCarly:
    I would think that a plastic neck clip and loose limbs would definitely reduce her value and her limbs will continue to loosen over time, especially if you keep her in a seated position.

If I were you, I would call them and demand they make it right.
    They should send you a refund for your second round of postage and they should tighten the limbs and put in neck strings at no charge. They are usually pretty good about this kind of thing so if you get a negative or even an apathetic response, I would ask to speak to someone else.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by tallpkb:
    I doubt that we'd want to sell her in the future, but does going to the hospital reduce the value if there are new limbs, plastic neck clip, etc?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is just my opinion, but I would say that if you sell her as a "white bodied" doll, you need to disclose that the limbs are new. Although she does still have the white body, the Mattel limbs are not the same feel as the PM limbs and "white bodied" is a term for "first edition" or at least few years. Since she is no longer completely a late 80s doll, then I would say the value would be reduced.

I don't think the neck clip will reduce it any further- if the limbs already aren't original.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad I heard about this. If my WBs need work I'll send them to TLC Doll Hospital instead of AG. I don't think the doctors at AG "get it" about WB value and sentimentality.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would send her back for neck ties. I would also tell them to tighten up the leg. I am sure you paid for that service and AG should not do shotty work.

I think we have had a few other threads about the neck clips. You have to tell them not to put them on the dolls.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] & [img]smile.gif[/img] VBFF