Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For a long time (back when I was little girl and first into AG) my Felicity has had these small shine spots on her cheeks. I think there is about three of them on just one side. They are not too noticable and I was always too worried (then and now) to do anything about them, but I think I heard someone else comment on them in a thread about cleaning their dolls skin. So what exactly are they and how do you get rid of them? Thanks! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Inactive Member utopiaofdelight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG, I know exactly what you are talking about. My Kit has two shine spots on her cheek. I tried getting rid of them with the cleansetr you buy from the catalog, but it didn't work. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe what you're talking about is "rub marks." They're caused when your doll bumps or smacks into something and it rubs the satin finish off her plastic, leaving a shiny mark.

I actually play with my dolls, as do children visitors to my house, so these marks to happen to my girls with some frequency. [img]redface.gif[/img]

I use a product called "Micro Mesh" to remove these marks. It's a fine sandpaper with a fabric backing, used mainly by modeling hobbyists. You can find it online in many different grits. A small piece goes a long way, so you don't even need to buy an entire sheet. Here's one place where you can order it...

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findpro...u=9930&clk=412

I use the 1800 grit and lightly sand crosswise in different directions and also in a circular motion. Then I follow up with the 2400 grit and do the same. Voila! No more rub mark!

NOTE: If you have a rub mark in a painted area (i.e. eyebrow, cheek, lips) sanding WILL remove the paint, so you'll need to touch up when you're done.

Anne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I wish I'd seen this sooner. One of my AGTs emerged from her box for Christmas with a green nose! I'd sent her to the AG hospital for silver eye and wrote captions on the inside of her box lid in green permanent marker -- which evidently transferred itself to the end of her nose while she was boxed! Aaack! So then I tried using what I thought was a fairly fine grade sandpaper and now poor Beth has a snub nose. The green went down sooooo deep. I finally realized I was sanding the end of her nose off and painted what was left. Bethie the Green-nosed, snub nosed AG!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, dear, Cherry! [img]frown.gif[/img] I've used acne cream (10% benzoyl peroxide) to remove permanent marker with incredible success. I've got two dolls (My Twinns) that had black permanent marker scribbled across their faces. You can't even tell they were defaced. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Rachie, I found a great reference for restoring doll cheek color just yesterday...
    http://www.prillycharmin.com/restore/3lipliner.htm

It references Baby Face dolls, but the technique should work well on AG's, too. I used to use stenciling cream to re-color cheeks, but it's tricky, so I'm going to try these new techniques on one of my Precious Day dolls who has a cheek rub that has removed some of her cheek color.

Anne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much! The shiney spots are on her cheek very close to her eye and near her nose. So how would you go about touching up the paint on her cheeks? To be honest Lisse doesnt have that much color on her cheeks, she's more fair than the newer Lissies because I got her 1993, but personally I like her fair skinned look. Still, I dont want her to have one colorless cheek and one thats a little bit rosey! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you SO MUCH for this advice! My Lindsey and newly-purchased pre-Mattel Addy both have a shiney spot. I'm going to try the Micro Mesh right away. Thank you thank you!