Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would your reality item be?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

We all know AG has been making barbie stuff as of late. (For instance, everything's pink, that horse set that is so unrealistic, that AG tub...) I know that little girls supposadly like that stuff. I never did as a little girl. I liked my stuff to look...realistic. What is one item you'd like AG to make? (You can name several.. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

I think I'd make Kit some mason jars with preserves, some kitchen equipment, (a tin tub for instance) and some hens, eggs, chicken coop, wagon, chicken feed, newspapers to put in the wagon to keep the egggs from breaking. I think that would be fun....for a little girl, she could act out the book with this. (Take that, AG!) [img]biggrin.gif[/img] LOL.
    I really want to see someone else's ideas!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it would be interesting to see a refrigerator/stove from Kit's era. Pretty large items, though.

And Felicity's spinning hoop.

prasnlrd

A "Beach Cruiser" bicycle for the AGT morsels! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still can't imagine why AG hasn't made more electronics for the dolls - digital cameras, iPods, iPod shuffles, etc. At least the dollies have a cell phone now. And although the new computer is cute, I was hoping for something more realistic (and a laptop, not a desktop).

I would also like more realistic bathtime things - a real looking toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. The toothbrush that looks like a flower is cute, but who has one like that?

I'd also like more Today Girl schoolbooks - I love the ones I have, but more would be great.

Thanks for the post! At least we can dream....

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love miniature textbooks, like what used to be in Felicity and Molly's school collections. I mean to say, actually vintage books shrunken down, with actual working notebooks and mini pens and things. I had a lot of fun the other day taking photos of my Mini!Kit doing "homework," but all my books were waaay oversized! AG size would have been much better - and I want to do similar things with Emily and Beatrice when they get here.

I'd also like another art set with more of a variety of mediums. Conte crayons, perhaps, or teeny colored pencils, because paints are much harder. Or! Oh, since I'm thinking of school, wouldn't it be so much fun to have Foreign Language Sets?

This is so much fun to imagine! Each set would include:
    2 books - text and workbook / girl and doll sized
    1 CD to pair with the books
    1 CD with music typical for areas who speak the language
    1 doll-sized durable map that shows places where the language is spoken, maybe with little magnet flags for "visiting"?
    2 or 3 doll-sized photos representing the area - like a cafe for French, or a coffee plantation for Spanish
    1 doll-sized Walkman or CD Player - to listen to her CDs of course!
    1 or 2 outfits for Language Day at school, to present about the language she is learning. Maybe a traditional Argentinian dress, or traditional Swedish dirndl, or Japanese kimono or something.
    1 set of themed stationery for pen-pal letters

Also, I think that something like the new bedside cabinet would be neat if they fitted it out instead to act like the doll's bedroom - maybe have doll-sized posters or shelves and whatnot to put in. I'm sure they could make room for most beds - maybe not the 3-in-1 - and it'd be a nice way to display or play with the pieces when room for them is scarce.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

ETA: Now that I've mentioned the nightstand doll room, I think I'm going to convert my old wardrobe into a bedroom for Bea or Emily - I used to live in my mom's garage, so we had to get an enormous wardrobe from Lowe's for my clothes, and we haven't used it for naything else since I moved into my stepsister's old room, and it would be PERFECT to use for my sewing/art things on one side, and as a display for my dolls and AG stuff on the other. I could remove one or both doors, since they never worked well anyway...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 07:12 PM: Message edited by: keristars ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh! I like the idea of a stove from Kit's era! That would be so cute! I came up with this list quite a while ago, but I'll post it again just because I'm bored.

Outfits for Ruthie:

? Meet Outfit: Yellow dress with purple trim and white buttons, yellow hair-bow, mustard-colored cardigan, white poodle socks, brown penny loafers, underwear.
    ? Volunteer Outfit: Dark brown coat with fur trim, red beanie, yellow scarf, black rain-boots.
    ? Peach Summer Dress/Garden Club Outfit: Dress like in the Meet Kit illustration- peachy orange dress with white collar, white buttons, and orange and white striped trim.
    ? 1930?s Dance Class outfit: White leotard with wide white removable skirt, white dance shoes, and headband.
    ? Make-Believe Outfit for Ruthie: Light blue frilly dress with feathered headband, blue satin slippers, and gloves.

Outfits for Kit:

? Make-Believe Outfit for Kit: Green jacket, tan breeches, green slippers and green hat with red feather.
    ? Christmas baking outfit: Blue checked dress, beige apron with red trim, blue hair ribbon.
    ? Waste Not, Want Not Outfit: Yellow cap-sleeve blouse, purple/yellow jumper.

Accessories:

? Wagon- Wooden wagon with red trim and moving wheels. (Note: Kit is LONG overdue for a wagon! MAKE HER A WAGON, AG!!!)
    ? Thanksgiving Volunteer Accessories: Pretend turkey, bread, and other Thanksgiving goodies, red umbrella
    ? Thanksgiving Pageant set: Pretend paint brushes and paint jars, thanksgiving banner
    ? Waste Not, Want Not set: Wash tub and board with ?Sudso? box, pretend dandelion greens, flour sack, almanac, and grocery bag.
    ? Egg-selling set: Sheets of newsprint, pretend eggs, chicken coop, and two chickens.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kboyd912:
    [QB]I still can't imagine why AG hasn't made more electronics for the dolls - digital cameras, iPods, iPod shuffles, etc. At least the dollies have a cell phone now. And although the new computer is cute, I was hoping for something more realistic (and a laptop, not a desktop).

The computer is just like the I-MACS they use in a lot of schools - even the color. It would have taken some time to plan them out and source them so now that Apple has toned down the colors it uses the computer AG is making doesn't make sense to some, but knowing how time consuming it is to source items I can undestand the Pink

Things I would like to see

Historical - Kit and Molly - Things related to the Movies as they were a big deal then

AGOT - Speed Stacking Cups, Some kind of Pet Care Items - Mini Hamster Cage or a Fish Tank.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 07:29 PM: Message edited by: FelinaDoon ]</font>

emsmombuysdolls

I would love to see holes in shoes and little newspapers to stuff in them for when the make Addy's friend, Sarah.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, Kitswift- I second all those ideas. Wonder how many we'll see when Ruthie comes out. Only a year left to go.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ok, I'll just do this by doll.

Kaya: an outfit with LEGGINGS
    a canoe
    Felicity: her workdress (duh)