Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone. My 9 year old DD and I are flying out on Saturday for California. We'll be in the Disneyland area and will be driving to LA on the 16th. My question to you is do you know of any fun things to do close by AGPLA? I'm sure we'll spend several hours with American Girl but I'm wondering if there are some other cool things to do close by. Thanks in advance! - Meg B.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 11, 2006 05:35 PM: Message edited by: stebbarry ]</font>

thepidget

There is a movie theater at the Grove, along with some restaurants like the Cheesecake Factory. There is also a double-decker trolley that runs in the middle of the Grove (it's a free but very short ride)--your DD might enjoy that. Right outside of the Grove is the Farmer's Market, the Corner Bakery, Maggiano's Italian restaurant, etc.

The Beverly Center, a large and popular LA mall, is somewhat close to the Grove. I don't know how much more shopping you guys can take after AGPLA, but if you're interested, I believe the BC is on 3rd Street and La Cienega Boulevard (depending on which parking structure you want to enter). The parking rates for this mall are steep, however.

You might also enjoy stopping by Venice Beach or Santa Monica to hang out and see the ocean, although that's a little far. It might be nice to stop by for a dip, though, because it's getting warmer here in LA.

On Wilshire and Fairfax is the Miracle Mile area, which is VERY close to the Grove (I'm talking walking distance if you're not carrying heavy stuff). The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is located here, in case you guys might be interested in stopping by.

I hope this helps! PM me if you need any more info. Have fun!

(Wow, this message "bleeped" me and I don't even know what I wrote that was offensive!!! [img]confused.gif[/img] )

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 12, 2006 02:26 AM: Message edited by: thepidget ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for the tips! We may be all tuckered out after shopping. However, I keep thinking it would be nice to have some options if we feel that we want to see some other sights while in the area. Thanks again! - Meg B.