Thread: What are American Girl Boutiques?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I asked this question in another topic, but I didn't get an answer, so...

What are they? How do we know AG is putting them out? Are they retail stores smaller than AGPs? Why is AG putting them out? Where would they go? Would there be a sales tax?

ag_rox

From what ive heard there like ag places but smaller and they dont sell dolls just there clothes and accesories.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was a thread on this a couple weeks ago, and I know a couple of members who are "in the know" said that these were supposedly going to be the new type of AG stores they were possibly rolling out next year across the country. Apparently they test-marketed a couple of markets in Washington (not sure if they meant DC or the state) and Georgia to see if a store would be viable there. I think the HB members said that they wanted to build smaller stores because they were cheaper but could still reach a good size AG audience in areas where there is no AG store close by (like the South).

These would be smaller AG stores with a cafe and would sell both historical dolls and today dolls plus their accessories, furniture, etc, but on a much smaller scale. If you do a search on HB for boutique it should come up!

And yes, I bet sales tax would be charged in that state. They have to by law.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 27, 2006 11:30 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font>