Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I was doing the annual Mother's Day housewalk with my Mom, where we got to go inside 7 different huge antique houses that people are still living in. I just knew at least one of these houses with daughters had to have some AG stuff.

And then, in house number 4 it was there. The families weren't home in any of the houses but we could see the kids' rooms and other rooms like playrooms. Anyways, in one of the playrooms there they were! The 2 daughters were in high school and college so all the stuff I saw was probably PM. We were not allowed to take any pictures inside the houses so I couldn't take pictures of it even though I really wanted to.

2 Kirstens with their hair down, 2 Mollys-one with braids and glasses and the other with hair down and no glasses, 1 Felicity and 1 Samantha. But it didn't stop there. They had a lot of AG furniture, too. Molly's bed, Samantha's bed, Kirsten's bed and the yellow bunk beds. They also had the computer desk and MAC computer, Samantha's wicker table and chairs, and Kirsten's wood table and chairs as well as the blue wheelchair. There was also a small closed trunk nearby(not AG) that had some things sticking out, so I'll bet there are AG clothes and accessories in there.

In another house there was an AGT 22 in the Gala outfit sitting on a shelf, and Penny and Patriot were in a corner on the floor. We weren't allowed to go through the drawers or cabinets or anything, so I wonder if this girl had any other AG dolls or things hidden away. I think she was only around 3, but the mother apparently was an expert horse rider so they had lots of horse things all over the house. I wonder if she has Steps High, Sparks Flying or the Palamino horse.

The first house we saw was actually a museum built from the house of former Coolidge VP Charles Dawes. They have a big Civil War display up now. There were hoopskirt dresses, uniforms, bullets, pictures, documents, and all kinds of artifacts. This was the only house we were allowed to take pictures in, even though I didn't. I wonder if I could come back with Addy and took a bunch of pics of her with the exhibits. Would the museum staff think I'm weird? It's only a couple blocks away from my apartment.

Here's the scan of a flyer so you can see what the OUTSIDE(and description) of the first house(with all the PM dolls and furniture) looks like.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...1742913&idx=28

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 14, 2006 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is that house for sale I'd love it as long as I could have a maid. LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes the first house with all the PM dolls is for sale, if you have almost $1.4 million laying around.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 14, 2006 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

13Pumpkins

I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] LOVE [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that house!!! It would be so awesome to live in!!!!!!!
    I love old houses...new architecture just doesn't compare to the old pre-1950's homes and buiildings. That was when housing got cheaper and more 'modern' looking.
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We are remodeling a 1928 home. Living in a old home has its ups and downs. Not much closet space. (Think they owned one coat, two dresses and two pairs of shoes.) Rooms can be small, and this house original only had only one bathroom. The owners before us added a powder room downstairs and had split the one bathroom into two very small bathrooms.

Homes built before or shortly after the civil war, did even not have bathrooms and many did not have closets, because they paid taxes on the number of rooms. A closet was considered a room.

I always thought remodeling a old house would be fun, but it has been a nightmare. [img]eek.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very neat sighting!

(I'd love to have an old house, but yeah, I don't know if I'd care to go through the trouble of making it livable. [img]frown.gif[/img] I did live in one for a year in college, though, and it was neat, although a lot of mosquitoes got in because it wasn't very tight.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My sorority house I lived in for 2 years in college was an old historic home built in 1896. It is absolutely gorgeous, and it has soooo much history inside. We call it the wedding cake house, since if you look at it from the front it looks like 3 layers of a wedding cake. Ironically, the owner of the house did give this house to his oldest daughter as a wedding present. We still have a couple items that were original to the house, like the 110 year old piano, some antiques, and this funky 3 sided chair thing that was used for courting!

Women at the turn of the century were not allowed to "date", or at least proper young ladies were not, unless they had a chaperone. So, the chair was designed so the two lovebirds could see each other, but the chaperone sat with them on the same chair but in a different seat (if that makes any sense), so nothing "inappropriate" could happen. The chair thingy rolls, and we'd always fight over who got to sit in it to study!

I loved living there, although the plumbing was VERY old and tended to go on the fritz, and the white paint was coming off the house because it was lead paint, and was EXTREMELY expensive to redo. [img]eek.gif[/img] However, I loved living there because it was such an elegant house and had a real attic (not those things they pass off as attics today with no floors), window seats and a huge wraparound front porch with rocking chairs. I loved to sit outside on the porch swing on a cool fall day and imagine I was Samantha doing her homework in Mount Bedford. [img]wink.gif[/img]