Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_3723785#

Just thought I would share the link. Hope it's not a repost.

I can't wait to go. I am so glad the article said they open on Saturday and didn't mention the Thursday opening. I am hoping tomorrow won't be to crowded. Hey, I can hope can't I? The article did mentions 50,000 people going this weekend. YIKES!

prasnlrd
    Originally posted by mspenny:
    http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_3723785#

********I am so glad the article said they open on Saturday and didn't mention the Thursday opening. I am hoping tomorrow won't be to crowded. Hey, I can hope can't I? The article did mentions 50,000 people going this weekend. YIKES!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't that be devine, if there was not a lot of people there tomorrow!!! Wow!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for sharing. That is a very nice article.
    I have personally been wondering about the size of the new store. The article says it is 40,000 square feet. Does anyone know how that size compares to the other two stores?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If AGPLA is taking over the old FAO Schwartz spot at the Grove, then it's a nice corner store, two floors from what I recall, lots of windows but not as large as the NY store in area....unless they incorporated another store space adjacent.

I can't wait to go back to LA and see it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here are some more articles- this one says the store has been open since Tuesday?? Maybe it was invitation-only?

This article discusses the number of AGPs being considered.

"Despite questions from investors and others about opening more U.S. stores and expanding into international markets, Brothers said that there were no plans for either.

In fact, Brothers envisions having fewer than five stores total and might decide to hold the line at three. Company executives have talked about a smaller-format store focused on birthday parties or acting lessons or some other experience, but they have yet to formally explore any proposals, she said."

There is also discussion of entertainment and licenses with other companies (like BBW).

This article is interesting and gives a description of the store. But alas, no pictures. Guess we'll have to rely on our members.