Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I might get to go to AGPC next week for fall break, but if not I hope to go next spring for my birthday. Anyways, do you suggest lunch in the cafe or the show? I'll be taking Kit and a certain other doll whom I will be purchasing in the near future (I've narrowed down my choices, it's between four JLYs)- my mother does not yet know about the latter. [img]wink.gif[/img] But in regards to AGP, do you have any suggestions for me? I haven't been there in several years, and when I did go we didn't stay long.

Thanks,
    Lindsey [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lindsey, you will have so much fun. We didn't see the show (we will next time we go, timing on our last visit didn't allow for it) but we did have lunch. To me it was worth the money spent on it. My dd loved it and she thought the food was great. I had so much fun watching her enjoying herself that even if the food hadn't been good (it was very good) I would have still enjoyed it. My best advice in going there is to take your time and look at everything. There is so much to see and I personally don't think I could ever have enough time to spend there. Have a great time when you go!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We went to AGPC about 5 years ago. We did lunch, no show, and had a fabulous time! I agree that (at least at that time) the lunch was worth the money. You need to make reservations for lunch, and ask for a window seat (either when you make the reservation or when you get there- I forget when we did it). It's so much fun to watch the people on the street below. Keep in mind there is high sales tax in Chicago- so you might actually be better off ordering stuff from the catalog with the free ship.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you both for the advice; I'll "suggest" ( [img]wink.gif[/img] ) having lunch. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks again,
    Lindsey [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is a wonderful place to go. I never have been to a show because I go during the week and have preschoolers that are too young. We have yet to eat lunch there. But, I would probably chose the lunch yet time we go. Of course, I will be only 5 hours from AGPLA now so no more AGPC for me unless I visit with family. It is a wonderful place and so much to see!! Have fun shopping and let us know what you get!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They will always ship things to your home, avoiding the tax and you can use the free shipping code there, I have before. I loved eating in the cafe, but I don't think I would do it again at 20 a pop, although for everything we got it was a decent price, but we don't eat that much in one sitting. It was real elegant and we felt like high society, so it's a judgement call.
    Use a personal shopper, so you don't have to carry things around, take your time, & have a budget. those are my suggestions, hope that helps.
    Lorelei
    BTW I posted pictures I took there a week ago, so maybe look at those for ideas.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 11, 2006 02:54 AM: Message edited by: for_my_rose ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for your advice. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]