Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hello, my name is Kris and I happened upon your board while doing a google search for info on the MCM sale. I've been "lurking" for a few weeks but would like to ask you experts a question if you don't mind. I will be a first timer at the sale. For several reasons, it won't be practical for me to swing through that area on Sat., but Sunday will work. However, I wondered if anyone knew from experience if there's usually still a decent selection of items on Sunday to make it worth going. For example, is it likely that the "hot deals" will still be around? My (ahem, I mean my daughter's) dolls are Kit and Samantha, so you can guess what items I want! Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's usually lots of good stuff left but if you wanted doll clothing, well, you're going to be out of luck.

Dolls should be plentiful & furniture, too. It's first come, first in the door so if you can go, arrive early. Bring sturdy bags & wear comfy shoes, too. I'd suggest wearing a fanny pack instead of carrying a purse, too, 'cuz your hands will be full of your purchases!

Have fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you don't have your heart set on a specific doll, you will be fine on Sun. The popular historicals are usually gone by about noon on Sat. (What is popular can change from year to year) and probably some of the newer style GOTs also. As for the specials like Kit's desk, ect, I don't know if they will still be around on Sun. I would say not to count on it, and then you could be pleasantly surprised if they are. There are still good deals to be had and it's definitely worth stopping, plus much less stressful than the sale on Sat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are bags for sale which are sturdy & fit doll boxes nicely but you sure may bring in your own. Most people do. BUT, no wheels. Can't bring in wagons, strollers, etc. No wheeled suitcases either.

I've heard garden centers sell nice huge sturdy bags which work well at the sale.