Thread: Met Valerie Tripp at AGPNY today!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took my daughter to the NY store today to get the Molly Camp outfit and accessories in case they retire. We were surprised to learn that Valerie Tripp (writer of MANY AG books) was going to be there signing books and taking pictures. Sadly, we didn't have any of our books with us (and we just got ALL of the Molly short stories and the bound books of her stories) so I bought a Kit book to be autographed.

We waited in line for only 15 minutes since we got there early. Ms. Tripp was a doll! She was sitting on a nice padded bench in front of the historical section. She's very warm and sweet and chatted with all the kids (and adults) who wanted to talk. Jenna asked her a few questions about the books and she answered so sweetly. Valerie asked Jenna how she started being interested in AG and Jenna explained that her teacher had the Molly books in class, so Valerie said "well, thank her for getting my books into the hands of so many children!".

I asked her about the Molly movie, if she had anything to do with the script. She said that as the writers complete a draft they send it to her for comments and suggestions, so she's definitely in the loop! She said she's looking forward to the film being made....I said we were anxious as well, as we are Molly fans.

I thanked her for writing such beautiful stories and fleshing out such wonderful characters. I said that her books have made a huge difference in so many people's lives. She took my hand and thanked me for my comments. I took a few photos of her with Jenna and then moved on for others to have their chance. It was a nice surprise to meet her!

Anway, I spent way too much at the store, getting the possible retiring stuff (Molly Camp items) and the Seaside AGT things. I also got what I think is a new AGP set, white overalls with a silver star on them and a long sleeve white t-shirt, for dolls, and a couple of AGP hats.

It was a great day at the store! Anyone else go today?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful time. Did you take any pictures?

Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's great! She's really nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

Yes she is a real sweetheart. I have met her like 4 times and write to her. Real nice woman.

Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by All American Girl 2982:
    Yes she is a real sweetheart. I have met her like 4 times and write to her. Real nice woman.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I write to her too! She's really nice!

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can send her letters!!?? Ohhh! I have to do that! can anybody PM me for a adderess? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, do you have any reviews of the Camp Uniform? I fell like I should get it because it is so important in the Molly series, but I haven't heard any good reviews yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did shw have anything to say about the Emily book ?

thepidget
    How exciting... If you can, please post your pictures with Valerie Tripp. I hope she decides to come to AGPLA to autograph books...I would like to meet her!