Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My dd and I went to AGPC in June 06, it was our first time. We had lunch and brought home 2 dolls (Elizabeth for her and Kirsten for my bday) and 4 outfits. My dd had saved her money for the trip and bought Elizabeth so I didn't buy all of it. Although, I have to say if she hadn't had the money saved I would have still bought her a doll. We will definitely be going again when we visit family. What a fun time we had being together and seeing all the AG things in one place. Worth every penny!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Um.... I've never been. [img]tongue.gif[/img] But I really want to have been.

And my friend got to go. Even though she hasn't got a doll.

And all she got was a t-shirt for me and Sombrita the baby goat. Which was an entirely random purchase.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been to AGPC twice when my sister was living in Chicago. I want to say it was June or July of 2000 and July 2004. It was before I had even thought about collecting AGs for myself, and I have no daughters, so I only looked around and bought a mini doll each time...a mini Josefina and a mini Kaya.

I remember just being floored by the magic of the place, and now that I am a full-fledged collector I dream of going back day and night. I do plan on going up there with my mom, my sister and my niece when she is old enough to get her own doll...she's only 3 now and just got Bitty Baby for her birthday. I keep hoping that I'll get to one sooner, but it's probably not in the cards. They really need one of those stores in the south!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 10, 2006 04:56 PM: Message edited by: tejasgal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to AGPLA in May of this year. I bought #23 and Coconut. I'm going to AGPNY this Sunday and I plan to walk away with a few outfits and accessories. ;-) I'll post pics!

Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been to AGPC twice. The first time was in June of 2004 for DD's birthday. She got Molly from my MIL and my niece got a Bitty. I have no idea how much money we spent between the 2 girls. The next summer my sister and I took her girls, DD and my nephew. The girls had been saving for almost a year-I had too for that matter.

We are meeting my in-laws in NY for Thanksgiving and have an appointment for Friday. I'm planning on [a conservative amount] a person for shopping and we aren't doing a meal or the show this time. I have to buy for 6-7 (ME,sis,mom,nieces,nephew...)people not counting DD. She has enough for Nellie and I'm sure her grandparents will come through with an outfit or two. It's so close to Christmas [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 10, 2006 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When American Girl Place Chicago first opened I was invited to a special breakfast. My son was a young teenager at the time and he and I went down there - he was such a good sport to go. I had a great time but don't remember how much I spent. Since then I've been there with my husband about 3 times.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 10, 2006 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never been to one. =P

I hope to go to AGPNY sometime next year, though. ^_^ I probably won't spend much. Maybe just lunch and one doll, or the equivalent of a doll in clothes and accessories...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have gone three times when this sunday comes around. Once I went to AGPNY May 2005 for my bday(good birthday present huh?) And I went to AGPLA in August 2006. And Im going this sunday to AGPLA!!!!! My favorite time........ I cant decided. I'm not sure, NY was special, but the set up of AGPLA I like better! But I also went to lunch and dinner there a few times while I was in NY! But I wasn't in charge or the money, so Im not sure how much money that was.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 10, 2006 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

*AG Star*

I went to AGP Chicago 2 summers ago. It was great, I just wish we could've spent more time at the store. Another thing I regret is not getting any of the AGP exclusives. All the girls walking around in the Beachside Outfit were very enabling, so I ended up getting that and a few other things. [We also had] theater tickets and afternoon tea for 4 people.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 10, 2006 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DD and I (Elizabethlover101) have been twice, July 2005, and August 2006. Each trip, we each purchased a doll. We also had lunch in the Cafe each time. The most recent trip was really great, as DD's best friend went with us.

For those of you who've never been, it doesn't matter when you go. I think the AGPs are here to stay for many years. So, instead of being sad that you haven't been, just think to yourself 'I haven't been yet.' Had anyone told me a few years ago that DD and I would one day visit, I wouldn't have believed them. And this will give you time to save your $$. Even if you must wait until your a teenager or a working girl trying to pay all your own expenses to get there (boy, I had many of THOSE days) it'll be worth it. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 11, 2006 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast