Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Memberships

Donna Cotterman

Since I am fairly new to the board and not aware of the "under currents" here, I would like to make a suggestion.

Let's have a Quiet Room/ Meditation Room/ Time Out Space. This canceling memberships because of hurt feelings happened to me... I came back. We often read something into a reply that wasn't intended at all. Or we are happy and the person reading thinks we are a smart mouth.

It seems that some of the members are having personal problems as well as AG difficulties. No one is responsible for the actions of another. We are all entitled to mistakes
    All have sinned and come short...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is important that we have our space and that we share the AG board space. Respect our differences and share our interests.
    Common Courtesy is a must and if you are offended .... express it and resolve to mend the difference. Then forgive and forget.

Please whatever is going on....High drama is bad on grandma's stomach to say nothing for the doll whose hair I am brushing. I may have to re-wig the poor little girl.

For my peace of mind and this dolly... let's stop this exodus. Stay and work things out.

God's blessings on all. ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hear, hear, Mrs.C!

Oh, dear-- we've lost SugarMagnolia AND prasnlrd both in one day?!

I can understand SugarMagnolia having other commitments, but PRASNLRD!!?

PLEASE, people, think of those left behind before you take off with no warning.... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mrs. C, you are a very wise woman. I have read many of your posts and your heart is in the right place.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mrs. C.,

Thank for you making posting such a considerate & thoughtful thread. I think your idea of a Meditation Space for members who want to take a break from HB is such a good one.

I sincerely hope that all of the members who may have left for whatever reason recently will consider this concept of a Quiet Room, so that those of us who dearly love to read their posts and share in their fun (AG & other) can maintain a connection.

Moderators, would it be possible to create a Quite Room Sticky for members who want/need to take a break from HB? A place where they could post a Goodbye if they wanted or just post an occasional message to us all...

Mrs. C., your wise council once again is a lovely thing!

Thanks!

Katie

Polly Marie

I think anyone on a board for a long time, will probably get hurt feelings over a remark that was either intentional or not toward her/him.
    It's hard not to let this overwhelm us with negative feelings.
    Hopefully these things can be worked out, but if not it is helpful to keep in mind there are probably things we are not aware of in each other's life.
    Mrs. C is right that we have all been guilty, maybe not intentional, in hurting someone. I hope that Love and Forgiveness can prevail in all situations! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love this board, but it's so depressing when people leave...of all the messageboards I've ever been to, it's the only one I've ever seen where people's names disappear when they delete their account. (I know that's HB, not the mods' doing, but it's still so sad and final. [img]frown.gif[/img] ) I wish people would just let their accounts go inactive more, rather than sever all ties.

(Of course it's their own decision, not mine; I'm just saying it makes me sad when people delete their accounts. [img]frown.gif[/img] )

Felicity_Fan85

I hope they'll come back. It's hard to tell what kind of tone people use online because your can't actually hear them. I've gotten into plenty f arguments this way when the original tone wasn't supposed to be mean.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As always Mrs. C, well said.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mrs. C, your wise advise is much appreciated!

I hope all the people leaving or taking a break will come back and soon. The HB members have brought so much pleasure and consolation. I feel like I'm loosing a valued friend each time someone leaves.

So please, please don't leave us!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 05, 2006 11:04 PM: Message edited by: havimom ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree! If you need to take a break, take a break! But deleting your membership is a big step. Everyone needs to do what is right for him/herself but I would encourage people to take a few days to think it over before deleting their membership.

It is incredibly easy to misunderstand something that was said online. We have no context cues-- no gestures, facial expressions, tone of voice. I am absolutely certain I have said things in jest that have been misunderstood and taken as serious comments. It's easy to forget we don't actually know one another-- this board feels so friendly. But without those real world cues people are bound to misunderstand, get their feelings hurt, step on each other's toes (etc. etc) from time to time. I am a big advocate of asking first-- "did you mean such and such" or "I'm upset because it sounds like you are saying such and such." Everyone comes here from a different place, we all have good days and bad days and silly days.

I hope everyone can take some time to breath and come back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast