Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My son-in-law works in Mesa, and they moved a year ago to Surprise. He now puts in 3-4 days/week working in his home office, because the commute to Mesa is so horrible! I agree with Julie - if you work in Mesa, you absolutely want to live in Mesa or Chandler or Gilbert. Which hospital in Mesa offered you the job?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like a wonderful trip!

IF you are working normal 8-5 or 9-5 or 9-6 hours, you really want to live as close to work as possible; traffic is getting increasingly terrible in the Phoenix area. It could easily take you 2 hours some days to get to work in Mesa from Surprise at 8 AM.

If your shifts will be off-hours (starting before 7 or after 10 AM, or on weekends) then traffic won't be as bad, but even if traffic is perfect, you're still talking probably a full hour to get from Surprise to Mesa. So take that all into account when you choose your job. Taking the job closer to home can literally save you hundreds in gas (never mind wear-and-tear on your car, and aggravation), so weigh out which is the best option for you. (It used to take me at least an hour to get to work and an hour to get home every day, and I worked 9-6, and my drive wasn't nearly as many miles as yours would be. Now that I'm closer to work, I don't know how I managed!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JC Lincoln was dragging their feet about getting me out there. Everyone was going on vacation. Well, I took a wonderful job at Mesa General today working 7 pm-7 am (I prefer nights-I hate mornings!) in the Emergency Room. We decided the commute was too long and instead found a perfect home in Queen Creek in the Florence School District in Johnson Ranch. It is about 20 miles from my work and since I am off traffic shifts I should be okay. I head out to Mesa on Sunday after my twin niece's baptism-we are taking 3 days to get there. Not sure when my stuff will get their, but Mesa General is putting me up in a hotel for up to a month. We will move into out home as soon as it is ready though-hopefully tomorrow!! They just built it so it is new! I packed my daughters whole room (they are "camping out" in sleeping bags on the floor), my son's room is done except for his TV and beds need to be taken apart. The hallway closets are packed, the kid's bathroom, and most of the kitchen. Tomorrow I will finish the office after I pack up the rest of my ebay items I sold, my room, and the garage. I think I may actually be ready to leave Sunday-my wonderful dad is going to meet the movers next week so we can head out early-I need a job and paycheck. I will make $10 more at this job than JCL so I am thrilled with that! Plus the house is bigger and $400 cheaper a month in Queen Creek. I am ready to buy myself some AG housewarming gifts!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yay! I'm so glad everything is working out well for you. I hope the move goes smoothly. Try to keep posted when you can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12