Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Idea- Anyone Want To Be Part?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I've been thinking and I'd really like to do something for girls who are either in a desperate financial situation or are seriosuly ill. Like homeless girls and little girls who have cancer, etc. who wouldn't be able to afford one. Just imagine all the medical bills if you had cancer. [img]confused.gif[/img]

I can only imagine how terrible it would be in a situation like any of those, and I think that a doll would be a comforting friend.

I think I'm going to set up an "organization" of sorts to help out in those sort of situations to provide AG dolls to those girls. I'll be setting up a website, and I have a few other ideas. I'll proabably have the site done by next weekend.

Is anyone interested in helping me pull this off? I just really think that we should help if we can- it would be so terrible (and probably scary, as well!) to be in any of the above situations, and unfortunately there are thousands of girls who are having to experience that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Count me in. I'm not sure how I can help but I will. Cancer hits close to home for me and my family. Lost my grandmothers to it. I have had cancer (gone now!!!) and have several friends in remission. Let me know what you want me to do!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can make some outfits to donate (but shhh... don't tell my fiance). [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

I can whip up some low rise flared jeans (like the ones in my Dolls Clothes album) in no time at all, just let me know when you want them. I have dark blue and black denim, plus some twills that would do great.

-Jenifer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a wonderful idea! I bet AG would give you a discount. Let us know what sort of help you need!

I know a little girl who could benefit from this. She is four. Here's the story:

6 months after being diagnosed with cerebal palsy she was diagnosed with a rate form of bone cancer in her jaw. She was three, her sister was an infant. 6 months of radaition and chemo. Insurance maxed out and refused to pay. Finding new insurance was a challenge. Huge deductibles. The family basically lived in the hospital. Just after her 4th birthday she completed treatment. Everything looked great. Her hair started growing back, slowly. She started to be able to eat again. It's clear there are side effects from the radiation-- including multiple surgeris because her jaw probably won't grow right.

Anyway, they just had some routine scans done and it does not look good. They have to wait for a panel of doctors to meet and study the results. It is pretty scary.

I read about them last fall and the article said they needed some help with an almost finished renovation project-- they were converting their garage into a playroom when they got the initial diagnosis. So I painted their new playroom (blue walls with two trees, bunnies, cat, ducks, butterflies and dragonflies) and took them groceries and such. Every time I was at their house they were asking what they could do for me!

Anyway, I bet this little girl would love a special doll. Either the brunette Bitty Twin girls (for her and her sister) or #16 because they look the most like her. I suggest the twins because her sister has spent a huge amount of time at the hospital or with friends or relatives-- the whole family is so effected by something like this.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the link to their blog. I don't want to post it here because the content might be a bit more than parents would want their kids to stumble upon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If we are willing to open it up to other kinds of dolls, there are some great specials on some of the slim dolls (eurogirls and magic attic dolls) going on at Dollmarket and one other site (I'll have to find it). We could also post on those yahoo sites as well.

I was planning on getting one of the Eurogirls for a little girl that I know. She was taken out of her home because of a bad situation and went to her foster home with almost nothing. I gave her a bunch of my daughter's old clothes and shoes and some toys and I guess that she had to try everything on at once. There were some of those pink sparkly shoes from Target and she refused to take them off, even though they were too big.

I'd definitely be willing to help in any way that I can.
    Sarah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter:

Anyway, I bet this little girl would love a special doll. Either the brunette Bitty Twin girls (for her and her sister) or #16 because they look the most like her. I suggest the twins because her sister has spent a huge amount of time at the hospital or with friends or relatives-- the whole family is so effected by something like this.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love this idea and applaud your plans to include the sister. I have been a patient quite often with my Lupus and I have to say that even with the fear and the pain, it is not as hard as what I went through worrying and caring for my husband when he was hospitalized. I felt scared, helpless and alone. I can't even imagine how much harder it must be for children to go through this. I think both of these little girls could benefit from a doll, and having twins might be a special bonding experience for them. Count me in to help with this!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by randomAGchic:
    I've been thinking and I'd really like to do something for girls who are either in a desperate financial situation or are seriosuly ill. Like homeless girls and little girls who have cancer, etc. who wouldn't be able to afford one. Just imagine all the medical bills if you had cancer. [img]confused.gif[/img]

I can only imagine how terrible it would be in a situation like any of those, and I think that a doll would be a comforting friend.

I think I'm going to set up an "organization" of sorts to help out in those sort of situations to provide AG dolls to those girls. I'll be setting up a website, and I have a few other ideas. I'll proabably have the site done by next weekend.

Is anyone interested in helping me pull this off? I just really think that we should help if we can- it would be so terrible (and probably scary, as well!) to be in any of the above situations, and unfortunately there are thousands of girls who are having to experience that.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] What a fantastic idea!!! And it is already bearing fruit! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I would love to help with this. I was just telling my husband last night that I have enough dolls and don't know what to do next with my hobby. Your plan is a wonderful way to combine a love of dolls with a desire to do something valuable! Thank you! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Count me in, too. I'd be happy to contribute toward adoption fees for the twins. I don't have any dolls that size so I'm not sure if I could make something to fit one. But I would like to help in some way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BUMP!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I love this idea and can't wait to help! Just tell me how.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast