Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Idea- Anyone Want To Be Part?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is a very valid point that needs to addressed. Anyone have an idea so as to validate our beneficiaries and make sure they're the real deal?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, how about a monthly or bimonthly newsletter to keep everyone updated on who we're helping, what we need, current fundraisers, updates, etc. I love to make newsletters. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

So right now our fundraising ideas are-
    >auction
    >drawing for people who donate

So what if we sell something? Like wristbands or t-shirts or soemthing? Just a thought. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, let me know if I start to go overboard...I've been known to do that from time to time. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I emailed a friend about this and she had a couple thoughts:

First, have you checked with American Girl to get copyright approval?

Second, are you incorporating the charity, registering with the IRS (or whatever it is you do) so people can write their donations off on their taxes?

Third, she said Ellen Degeneris (sp?) loves stories like this! If you send a letter (or better yet a letter and a video tape) about the charity and the site she might put it on her TV show and make a big donation. Tons of publicity from that.

Given Lindsey's age, I bet a lot of talk shows would love to cover this. I'd start with Ellen, but I would also contact The View, the Today Show and any local morning shows in your area. The charity will need a press release. Press releases are very simple-- about one page stating what it is faxed or emailed to news outlets the day the site goes live (local newspapers would be a great place to start and you can send a second press release when the first doll is sent out, the 10th, etc.).

I had a few leftovers on my sewing table so during nap time today I whipped up three doll sleeping bags that can be given to girls with their dolls. I'm going to make a few more things and when I have a decent little stack I'll send a box.

Lindsey-- this really is a terrific undertaking!

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had never thought of any of that- those are some fantastic suggestions! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I'll look into it all.

I should probably start my letter to Ellen Brothers soon, to see if they mind if we use "AG" (is that even copywrited?), and if we could get some sort of discount or something.

Sleeping bags- what a cute idea! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Also, thank you everyone for your support in this- I wouldn't get anywhere without you. This is yet another example of the kindness and generosity of the people on this board. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I imagine that there are some experienced ebay sellers here. I'm only a buyer. [img]redface.gif[/img] Would someone be willing to act as the official seller, do the research on how fund raisers can be handled on ebay, etc? By that time I should have some items ready to be listed. I actually had thought we could do the auction just on the board somehow but ebay would probably be more efficient over the long term.

Edited to add: I have an extra Molly's Victory Garden outfit that we could start off with for an auction. I also have a PM Samantha doll in good condition -- she's the one I sent to AsianAG to have her legs restrung -- who could be donated to an older child with no siblings when we find out about someone who would benefit from an AG of her own.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 20, 2006 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Sakurako ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 20, 2006 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Sakurako ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hav no ebay experience- the only thing that I ever sold on ebay was sold by someone else for me. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Maybe we should set up a "board of directors", like someone in charge of ebay auctions, someone in charge of answering email, etc. Of course we want everyone's help, but it might make it a little easier if we had people who can help me head this up- I'm taking honors classes and don't have much free time until the weekend.

Of course, I would be president/founder/ceo. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

A PM Samantha would be a beautiful donation to a girl- that is so thoughtful. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a wonderful idea. I just had one question-to start with-are you thinking of raising money to purchase only new items-or would preloved items be included as gifts also? Great idea!

Allison

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If we ever become "official" in the future, we'll probably stick to new items, but for now our website isn't even set up, and we're working on our first project, so pre-loved items will be included as gifts, as well as items made by our talented seamstresses. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is such a sweet idea. ^_^ I don't know how much help I could be, but even if it's something like helping with website things or wrapping packages, I'd love to help any way I can.

(I was actually considering doing something similar to this for my Girl Scout gold award project. I thought about collecting teddy bears and stuffed animals to give to little kids on extended stays in hospitals. I was going to call it "Teddy Grams". [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm still not sure if that's what I'll be doing though.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I could use some website help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I need to make a page that has an application people can fill out and I somehow recieve it, but I'm not that advanced yet. [img]confused.gif[/img] I could use some help with that if you know how...I'm not to that part yet (my friend has to finish the banner), but I'll be there pretty soon.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast