Thread: Josefina question...

horselvr2

Question

Hi, does Josefina's hair always get all frizzy at the ends? And can you keep it from not getting frizzy?
    Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    (btw, can I see pics of Josefina too?)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Josefina'a hair has had no problems with frizziness. My Kaya, on the other hand, has some rather fuzzy ends on her hair that I fixed by trimming off. [img]eek.gif[/img]

horselvr2

That's good! Did you take her hair out of the braid? Or leave it in? I'm just trying to decide the best way to keep it not from getting frizzy!

tiktokism

Well, when I had a Josefina I took her hair out of the braid and it stayed pretty nice.

It seems to me that some dolls that have been sitting in the warehouse for a while do have a tendency to dry and frizz. When I got my Kaya, the elastics in her hair basically exploded apart when I touched them, and her hair was so dry at the ends that I ended up trimming it after several attempts to rejuvenate the crispy ends.

I keep my dolls mostly in braids anyway, whether they came with them or not, because it's a good way to keep their hair tidy.

Basically, you can take it down if you want, and just make sure you keep up with the maintenance so that it doesn't get gross and matted. If you decide after you undo it that you liked it better before, just re-braid it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Josefina had frizzy tips, and I gave her a downy dunk and steam, and then discovered it was kind of a tangle kind of problem. I couldn't fix it, so I gave her a little trim, it looks quite nice!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Use a wire wig brush & lightly mist the hair with water prior to brushing. Under any circumstances, NEVER use plastic combs on AG doll hair; that's how it gets dry, frizzy & brittle. Static, I think.

We've seen enough AG dolls having a bad hair day so mostly Josefina's & Kaya's & Kirsten's hair stays in braids. Oh, Molly, too; we leave her hair alone. There's enough other dolls we can play beauty shop with.

horselvr2

Thanks everyone! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Looks like I will be getting Josefina! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always take my dolls' hair down and play with it. Josefina looks beautiful with two braids, or with just the sides of her hair braided or pulled back. I wouldn't let fear of frizzies stop you from playing with her hair. Just be careful to brush her hair gently and don't let it get too tangled, and I think you'll be fine! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]