Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A quick, inexpensive solution for dollhouse!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love this idea and I am seriously considering trying it in my DD's room. Has anyone tried adding the second story with the bins to create a third level? Did it work out ok? That is really what I had it mind. We figured the dolls need at least 5 rooms - 2 on the first and second level and then one big room on top. Please let me know.

Annette

Jane Hart

I hope you put pictures up when it is all finished! It sounds great!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use a shelf with a towel bar for storage of my AG stuff. I bought this at Target also. There are three baskets in the shelf, one for each doll and outfits hang on the towel bar.

Pattie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is another one of those times when I wish I had a digital camera!!! [img]frown.gif[/img]

However, I found a great website with the Peel n' stick fabric!

http://www.hofcraft.com/deltafabricraft.htm

We used "quilted blue stripes" for Kirsten's room, with "quilted print 1" trim" for a border.

In Felicity's room, we used "quilted red solid" with "Romantic Toile 1 1/2" pattern trim" for a border. (Looks just like Felicity's bedspread!)

We're just about to start a Nellie/Samantha room. I want to use "Romantic buds" for the walls.

"Garden Stripes" would be great for an Addy room! And maybe the "Retro Denim" for Molly???

Oh this could be fun. Gotta do more!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Brenda [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is my attempt to become organized! [img]confused.gif[/img]

We still have to try to do something for walls, maybe covered presentation boards? I don't want to stick anything on the wall. Also, I have to organize the small drawers more efficiently, too. Oh well, it's a start!

doll storage

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 27, 2005 09:44 PM: Message edited by: americangirlsrus ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It looks great! You have really inspired me now. My dd has gone to bed now, but I am going to show her this tomorrow. She is going to love it! It will really give her a space to play and be organized. I love it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! It looks great, Barbara!

Like I told you, we covered cardboard with the fabricraft, and tacked it up. I did use a couple nails in the walls to hold it up, but it made a big difference.

Isn't it much easier to use stuff and find it now!?!?!

We need to do some more work on ours, too. My daughter has a bookcase under her bed that she wants this attached to, so that she can have MORE rooms. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing the picture! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for starting this thread and sharing your wonderful dollhouse idea with us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank you for sharing your experience of following the directions in this thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also really appreciated the picture. I don't have a lot of floor space so I also like the idea of building up. Can you tell me how stable the second and third floor are? Would you feel comfortable putting up tables with breakable dishes on them?

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 28, 2005 02:27 AM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mary,
    There is a little play,not much,if you push on the shelves from the sides. These shelves themselves are heavy, though. I would be confident to put breakables on them, as long as there aren't any small children that could possibly want to climb.
    Brenda,
    This was a great idea! Thank you again! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hey! I just had another idea. I'm gonna tell you about it, but it's probably going to cost me because the auction prices will go up. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

Anyway, does anyone remember those picture frames from Hallmark with the American girls on them? Barbara, your picture got me thinking that those would look great on the walls!!!! I already have a complete set, but now I need another Samantha for Nellie's picture, and another Felicity for Elizabeth's! I figure I can use the trading cards and cut them to the right size to fit the frames!

Here's a link to a Felicity one in case you don't know what I'm talking about.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I have them up in my daughter's room, but I never thought of putting them in the "house" until I saw your picture! They're the perfect size!

Thanks!
    Brenda [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast