Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take a break from buying AG items club?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I have made the decision that from now till after xmas, I am taking a break from buying any more AG items! I have some on the way, and I am going to kind of keep them hidden from myself and give myself maybe 1 item a month to cherish until xmas, which will hopefully tie me over! I am spending way too much money and feel its getting a little out of control! I am also feeling overwhelmed and think a break may be a good thing.. buying a house with Nick is making me realize that no matter how much I love this doll collection, I have to get my priorities in order. I am unfortunately going to have to slim down my collection some, and will let you all know if/when I post items for sale. I am wondering if anyone else out there wants to join my no ag club till after xmas?
    I will definately need some motivation, looking at everyones lovely pictures of their new things, etc... I just want to cherish what I already have, and after reading Maria's article I have to agree that what fun is a collection if you keep certain dolls boxed up, packed away, etc? Yeah, some for collector issues, but there is just not enough display room, and also I think about all the things Nick and I are going to have to purchase buying a new house and AAK!
    So if anyone would like to join me on my no AG club, Id love to have people around to persuade me and motivate me to stick to my goals! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In a couple of weeks I'll join you-I just sold something for "AG money." I tell myself that with AG, I don't use "real" money but anything that I sold money. Typically. Penny this summer was a different story and then over year if we have extra cash I may.

But after the money coming in, there is to be no more [img]smile.gif[/img] At least until after the holidays.

-Jordyn

T. Lynn

I'm in the same club as you. I just passed my real estate exam on Tuesday and was going to celebrate with an AG order but didn't.

I had too many fees and things to buy. Like you, I had to think what was more important. Right now, I'm on a NON-SPENDING spree.

Such a bummer...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet! So far, I have 2 with me! Anyone else? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'd like to say I can join you but I'm planning to have a bit of a spree in late October because I'm going to AGPNY then.

But, I'd be more than glad to lend support to you to help you keep your no-AG promises!

In return, can you lend me some moral support and remind me to not order any dolls because of going to AGPNY? I've almost caved and ordered #28 quite a few times in the past few days but I really want to see the dolls in person and pick one then.

So I'll help you all but just remind me to stay strong too, ok!

I admire all of your will-power.

Once you get that house wrx-grl, you'll be so thrilled!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a beautiful instrument! I played the violin and switched to the viola... played for almost 9 years, some college etc.. there was always 1 harp player and it was the most soothing sound! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Atleast you child didnt want to play the drums or the electric guitar! Imagine the noise! HAHA! [img]wink.gif[/img]

joelanddeborah

So, which kind of headache is better--the noise kind, or the "I can't believe I just spent my life savings" headache?

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

JenniferRobin

I'll join you! The past few weeks, I've been looking at all my AG dolls and clothing, etc, and wondering how and when it got so out of control. [img]redface.gif[/img] Thanks to the enablers on this board [img]wink.gif[/img] , I have managed to amass a collection of stuff that even with the help of my little girl, we cannot begin to do justice to. Then Maria's post came about cleaning out, and I started really looking around. [img]eek.gif[/img] Money was not the issue in buying all this stuff, I could afford it, but when does the spending just for the sake of acquisition stop? Easily half of what I have, I didn't even really like all that well or care about. So...ebay, here I come! It'll feel so good to see all the money in the bank and no, I'm not spending it on more AG!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 09:59 PM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah it will be very hard parting with a lot of my items, but Im sure most of it will go to good homes when I decide what and who I want to part with! Nick thinks Im crazy for my collection and says " how can you even enjoy what you have?" hes right to an extent, and I think of all the house things we are going to need, from a vaccum cleaner, to furniture, to dishes/silverware, towels, you name it.. I have to prioritize... yeah I love my dolls to death and hate to get rid of any of them, but at the same time I have to think realistically and hope that I can keep what I have, but from now on not buy much more, Ill have to budget... Im sure Ill sell a good chunk of my collection but hoping what I have leftover will be cherished and loved for years to come! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooooo...the harp is such a beautiful instrument. At my brother's and mine bar/bat mitzvahs we had a harpist. We also had one at our wedding to!

-Jordyn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast