Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Take a break from buying AG items club?

T. Lynn

It's really hard with the new stuff out. I want the AG snowflake pajamas for my daughter so bad but they'd just be sitting downstairs in the "stash".

I'm going on a Christmas shopping trip to NY in December and I keep telling myself to put the money aside and get it then. Stop overspending...it's just so hard because I want to see them in person.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I realized that my collection keeps growing, and right now I have no daughters to share it all with... " Im hoping someday! [img]smile.gif[/img] " but I dont have time to enjoy it all... busy with work and other things and most of my dolls sit in boxes... the hard part for me is how do I decide of the ones that sit there, what ones are more special than others? I take them out, look at them and the look on their faces I just cant part with any of them! :/ I am rotating the ones I have right now, but because of the house thing Im sure Ill have to sell quite a few of them! Its hard to decide what ones to sell.. those of you that have, how do you decide? Part of me says to keep the unique ones, then part of me says why? Keep the ones that are your favorite? Then another part of me says " the ones that are your fav will be easy to repurchase if you want down the road, the limited ones will not" then I think " well, this one kinda looks like that one, but as you all know, their faces are all different even if its the same doll!" I already know I am giving my mom one of my PM lissies for xmas! Everytime she sees my collection she picks up this one PM lissie and says " shes my favorite, " then looks at her awhile and puts her back down! [img]smile.gif[/img] Atleast that way I know I can still see this Lissie when I want and she will take good care of her! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ITs hard to make decisions but I have to think of the future and the costs of things, what we will need, etc.... and realistically, the more money we have the better....
    For those of you that slim down your collection, how do you do it?

Felicity_Fan85

Can I join you now and then jump off the bandwagon in December? (My dolls need some AG Christmas presents).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone else read "Not Buying It" by Judith Levine?

She doesn't buy anything except what she needs to survive for an entire year. Just groceries, gas, and utilities.

I just read it and am realizing how much I can cut back on, including AG.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive never heard of it! I may have to check it out! [img]smile.gif[/img]

thepidget

No AG spending for me for a while. I have lots of other things that really need to be paid for, and I need to get a new job. Sigh! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Sometimes I think being a kid was a lot more fun than being an adult--although as a child, I always thought that being an adult was more fun than being a kid. LOL. The grass is always greener... [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

Here is a site that has some good tips on money spending:

http://www.cindysporch.net/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its funny you say that because when I was a kid-I NEVER wanted to grow up. I remember when I was 6 o0r 7 and my best friend told me that one day we would be in high school like his brother. I started to cry!

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm trying to get Addy form someone at AG Playthings, and if it worksout it will be my third doll this month. She's so cute and such a good deal that I am having a hard time resisting. He won't buy her for me, and my paycheck on Friday has to go towards bills (but he'll take out as much for sodas and lunches that it would take me to buy Addy, even thoguh he could take his lunch to work he doesn't).
    My fiance and I are getting married at the end of the month and we still have stuff that we need to save for (the trip to SC for the ceremony, the rings, what he and the boys will wear, decorations, invitations, etc.). My fiance just got a promotion, so that is helping us financially, but he is saying no to Addy since I just got Jess yesterday and Samantha is on her way. I've thought about asking my mom for Addy (since I never ask for much and when we discussed my birthday I told her I had no clue), but I don't know how to ask her. The last time I asked my mom for an expensive present was for my 18th birthday and it was The Sims game for my PC (and she got it for me). Mom knows that I very rarely ask for anything (I've always been like that, even when I was little), so when I do ask for something she usually gets it for me. So, either way, if I do or do not get Addy, I'll be done with AG until Christmas when I get Emily. After that the LE 2007 and #28 are on my list but I can do those for my birthday and Christmas next year, giving me a break from December until next September.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 07, 2006 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Gomunk ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Deborah and Girls:
    Now, what to do about my boys' Christmas?
    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 06, 2006 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Deborah and Girls ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go to FishingForDeals.com and you will find out about the bargains online in the catch of the day and the bargains at physical stores in surf the turf. I found the web site when looking for the best price on something. It wasn't a retail site but it looked interesting so I bookmarked it into my Sites to Check Out favorites folder. About a year later I ran into that bookmark & decided to investigate. Now I'm hooked!

I'm just starting this AG stuff after my 5 y/o DTwins bought their own AGs in April. (Jess & #6) Since then we've gotten OG Target stuff when it's 50-75% off at Target thanks to FFD!

Now they say that all they want for their bday 9/29 and for xmas is AG/18" doll stuff. So I'm shopping the "for sale" albums here at HB and I let the girls set up registries on the AG web site. Hopefully a few relatives will get them something from there.

We're paying 2 mortgages till we sell our old house so there's no big spending by us right now! I normally start xmas shopping in July so by the end of August I couldn't wait any longer for the house to sell. I haven't paid full price for anything yet and I haven't used ebay - I've only bought AG sale stuff & HB "for sale" items. It's no fun to be on a budget but thank goodness it IS possible thanks to our online friends at ffd & HB.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123