Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont know how to put this without stating my age...... ok got one! I am in your situation, but really close to the target age. Lets say this, I can pass as twelve! lol! The one thing I have never been embarassed about is bringing a doll to AGP! Im going this Sunday, and I'm very excited!!!!!!!! Please dont be embarrased. I know you think, adults holding AG dolls isn't that weird(you usually suspect its their kids) and kids holding AG dolls is just normal, but teens??? I know were inbetween, just act confident and no one will look twice. I see plenty of older kids in AG!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'll have a great time, I am about the same age as you, and was kind of worried about looking funny when I went. But it was fine! I had Jess, and I was wearing the matching Jess skirt and it was so cute to hear little s whisper "she matches her doll!"

Definatly take a doll, you'll be glad you did. And I agree with someone else who mentioned the show, it is really great.

Have fun [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, we've gone 2 times to AGPNY with my DD. She gets tired of holding her dolls. I always end up holding them! NO ONE LOOKS AT YOU FUNNY. My husband even holds the dolls and he is usually not even shopping with us! It is just so much fun there. And as for the cafe, we have had brunch and lunch. Both are great. I am sure all the meals are very good. Everyone is so excited about being there, not many people are looking around to see what others are doing there. Just be you.... take your doll with you!

horselvr2

I'm not an adult, I am just a LITTLE bit pasted ag's target age, I always bring a doll with me to the ag place....but I don't look weird because I look REALLY young for my age for some reason, [img]redface.gif[/img] so I basically look normal, but I've seen some teens there, they didn't look weird IMO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah don't feel bad I am a lttle passed the target age but a lot of people think I am like 10 or 11 so it's not bad.

I saw a woman probably 30 and she had her husband with her I talked to her she has no kids but she loves to collect so I don't think it's a big deal.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have a great time at AGPNY in November!

I'm counting the days until my Mom, Aunt & I go to NJ to visit my sister, bil and their new baby. Of course, we will be going to AGPNY and I'm trying to convince my mom & aunt to eat a meal at the cafe with me.

If it helps you out at all, I'm 34 and I'm totally planning on bringing a doll with me, as long as there is room in my suitcase or carry-on! If not then I'll be buying at least one (possibly 2 dolls) there and will probably get them out right away to enjoy the moment!

I agree with the bring lots of money or a credit card statement--I went in planning to buy a couple of things and came out with 2 enormous shopping bags back in April--thank heavens for Visa!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12