Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My grandparents, who live near Chicago, heard that Lord & Taylor was selling out its seven-story space in Water Tower, and AGPC was going to get 3 of those stories and move into Water Tower. Which is actually right across the street from AGPC, so I don't see the point.

Anyone else heard this? I'm a bit upset that it would be moving into a mall. Sorry if this is a repeat topic; my computer crashed earlier this week so I haven't been on much except at work on break.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So far it seems like this is what's going on with AGPC. But it's not just a move--the new location would give them more room to spread out displays and add more stuff.

I know I've heard complaints about how squished together things are at AGPC and AGPNY, so I can't see how this will hurt it any. I'm a bit let down I won't ever see the original AGP in it's original building, but meh. It sounds better overall for the store.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Janine_Nicole:
    So far it seems like this is what's going on with AGPC. But it's not just a move--the new location would give them more room to spread out displays and add more stuff.

I know I've heard complaints about how squished together things are at AGPC and AGPNY, so I can't see how this will hurt it any. I'm a bit let down I won't ever see the original AGP in it's original building, but meh. It sounds better overall for the store.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well that's good that they're getting more room. I never thought they were squished... but now that I think about it, they are, especially after seeing pics of AGPLA.
    I'm still upset about it being in a mall... though Water Tower isn't your ordinary mall. I did kind of fall in love with the original location.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This was mentioned on the local Chicago news the other night. I caught the tail end of the story so don't know all the details. I don't think the move was to happen any time soon. I'm sure they would need to do quite a bit of remodeling, etc. before doing an actual move and find someone to take over their original store.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They would need to renew the lease by December 2008, assuming that they will remain at the same building.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you mean. Living down the street from a mall makes a mall trip seem very ordinary and everyday for me. I wouldn't want an AGP trip to become an ordinary everyday thing for me that I take for granted.

But more room should be nice. Having only been to AGPLA I probably would have noticed the displays being closer together. Not to mention mild claustraphobia. [img]wink.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

Water Tower is not really a "Mall". It is more of a landmark. When I think of mall, I think of tons of stores where I can get anything. Water Tower is very high end. It also houses Macy's (now Field's). I think it is a good thing. AGC is so tiny! On a crowded weekend you can hardly breathe. I am really looking forward to them being able to spread out. It is just across the street so it is still next to the old Water Tower (only building to survive the Great Chicago Fire) and there are tons of horse drawn carriages around. Very nice atmosphere! Oh! Don't forget the new Hershey Factory is open so the girls can get cupcakes bigger than they are! Can't you tell I haven't been there in a while, and miss the place?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Janine_Nicole:
    I know what you mean. Living down the street from a mall makes a mall trip seem very ordinary and everyday for me. I wouldn't want an AGP trip to become an ordinary everyday thing for me that I take for granted.

But more room should be nice. Having only been to AGPLA I probably would have noticed the displays being closer together. Not to mention mild claustraphobia. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AGPLA has the most space out of all the AGPs, so far, until next items are introduced and the space becomes limited. I noticed how roomy it was during the grand opening week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When did they say that AGPC is moving? I wonder when they are going to move because I am going on July 9th.