Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the card for the movie, but have no kids in my house. I enjoyed the Felicity movie and was just wondering what some other adult opinions are on this one? I wasn't sure if it was more kidish than the Felicity. Thanks!!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never saw the Felicity movie, but I liked the Samantha one quite a bit. I happen to like children's movies, but I am an adult by an ever-widening margin, and I didn't think Samantha's was all that kiddish at all. If anything, some of the elements I found more kiddish (like the twins, who I never liked at all) were actually removed. In many ways, I liked it better than the books; the story really made a lot more sense and flowed much better. It definitely didn't feel like it was written by 3 different people, like the books did.

Not to say that it was superior to the books in all ways; I liked Samantha's outright gifting of her doll Lydia to Nellie better than how it was done in the film, for instance. Some changes were made for film and were necessary (lots of "showing" things rather than having long conversations), but some seemed less needed. I'm sure there's other things I prefered in the books, but can't think of any right now. Overall, I'd say the film was different from, but about as good as, the books. It is so neat to see the outfits done up in life-size!

It would cost almost $5 to rent, so if you don't have it at your local library, I'm sure it will be a good buy! Or you could probably sell it here for about what you paid. (Of course, if you're getting it from AG for $5, you're also giving up using another code, so I guess you have to take that into consideration.) If I weren't trying somewhat to declutter/etc. I'd probably pay $5 for a copy; as it is, my friend has it so I can likely borrow it when/if I want to see it again, so I really can't justify it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I am 40+ and found it to be a very charming and enjoyable movie. I liked it more than the Felicity movie. I especially like one of the extras where they show American Girl Place.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Love it! I watched it on television when it came out and thought it was wonderful. Then I saw it at my local library and borrowed it. My daughter was 6 and we watched it together and she just loved it. We would borrow it every couple of weeks and I had a few late fees returning it over this last year so when I saw it was only $5.00 I decided we needed to have it in our DVD collection. It is really good and definately a good buy for the money!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I paid $20 for the Samantha DVD when it came out. Anytime it's an American Girl movie I think it's worth getting. I do think the Felicity movie stuck to the story more than the Samantha movie did, but they both were nice, charming movies and seeing the dolls come to life wearing the outflts we've been dressing our dolls in is just cool IMO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the Samantha movie. I bought it for $15 at Circuit City- so I definitly think its worth $5.

I love the outfits in the movie and the girl who plays Nellie is adorable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!
    I will be adding this to my next order (Monday) after all those glowing reviews! It's so nice to have a place where I can ask questions such as these.

Thank-you again!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I loved it! I watched it after going to my grandmother's viewing with my twins who are 4 and my niece who is 8 and was very heartwarming. I loved and all 4 of us watched it all the way through! One of those movies you can watch over and over again for sure!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really enjoyed it. It's one of those movies I watch when I have the flu or a bad day. It just makes me feel better.