Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To me the face of Kirsten and #22 looks the same?
    Not for sure, but seems they are.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Wiredmommy! Welcome! How far from AGPNY are you? If not too far, I'd suggest you go there & pick out a doll in person. You can look them over & check out the hair & make a choice.

Along with the doll, be sure to get a wire wig brush; any plastic used on doll hair makes it frizzy, bushy & generally icky! I wonder if has something to do with static?? I'm thinking a wire brushes would do Barbie dolls a wonder of good too!

Have fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by maronda4:
    To me the face of Kirsten and #22 looks the same?
    Not for sure, but seems they are.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They do have the exact same face mold. However, if you are looking at a PM Kirsten, her face is going to look a little fuller than #22's. A Mattel Kirsten and a GT 22 will have the same face, but #22 has no bangs. The only blondes to have a different face mold from Kirsten are Nellie (strawberry blonde) and Elizabeth; whose faces are the same mold as Josefina and Marisol and the new GT 28.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter has AGT 3 and dresses her as Kirsten. She's basically the same doll, but her hair is not pre-braided (and therefore doesn't get frizzy) and not quite as long.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I think that if you do live even relatively close to AGPNY, you should totally go there and see the dolls in person! It is enormously fun to go there and actually pick your own doll.

I can also say that I've been very happy with styling my #5, Holly's, hair. I would also suggest # 24 (curly long blonde hair, brown eyes) because it appears to me that her hair is very similar to Marisol's hair (please someone correct me if I'm wrong!) and Marisol's hair is super fun to style and play with. Since you said you likely won't get a Marisol, perhaps #24 would be a good choice to consider.

As far as #22, another one of the Katie's on HB has two #22's that are Jessica & Elizabeth Wakefield from the Sweet Valley High series. Her albums are darling and have made me seriously consider getting #22. I cannot remember her HB name (sorry Katie!) but her imagestation link is http://www.imagestation.com/members/zebadiahlento and if you want to be persuaded towards #22 you should definitely check out Katie's albums!

HTH!

Let us know who you choose!

Katie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12