Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi! I'm rather new, but also a major lurker...
    My daughter has Samantha and Nellie, and I am trying to decide which doll I want for ME - I loooovvvvee the Kirsten character, but I'm not sure I really connect with the Kirsten doll - I almost think I like GT22 better...however, I do love thick longish hair like Samantha's and I'm not sure GT22's hair would be as fun to style as Kirsten's? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I think Nellie is stunning, and really a beautiful doll - I love her face mold, but her hair is just too short to be enough fun - I love to style the hair! I've looked at Elizabeth (because she's got a similar face), but I don't connect with her for some reason. I thought maybe I'd like the new blond GT, but I saw someone mention she has hair on the thin side, and I definitely like the thick hair like Samantha...

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated! I'd like to get my own doll for Christmas, but I just don't know which to choose... I think you are a wonderful bunch of girls/women on this board, and I'm sure you'll have some helpful ideas for me!

Thanks so much!!! ~Wiredmommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since you're thinking of #22 and really like a lot of hair to play with, why not buy the new #27 doll? She looks like #22 but with longer, layered hair. Have you seen the albums of the new dolls and accessories yet?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really like 22, and her hair is fun to style. I've been able to do pretty much anything with it, including a fancy "updo" for Homecoming last year. The only problem with Kirsten is that her hair gets really frizzy very fast, and you have to take really good care of Sam's as well to make sure hers doesn't get all messed up... that's why I don't do much with Sam's hair [img]wink.gif[/img] .

Welcome to the boards!!

Polly Marie

Welcome to the board! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    Marisol and Kailey both have great hair to style. Marisol may be more versatile since her hair is longer and parted on the side. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say Marisol has great hair to style! I also have #22, but Id have to say #24 has the cutest hair and you can do pretty much anything to it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My dolls with great hair are Addy, Marisol, #4, #5, and #18.
    I have also heard that #24 has great hair too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! You're going to love it here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Sorry I can't really help on choosing a doll, but you can't go wrong with any of the dolls really. Whichever doll you pick, I know you are going to love. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is it about the Kirsten doll that you are just not connecting with, by the way? The braids, the bangs, the blue eyes? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] In my opinion - I love to style my dollies hair, too - the blondes with the thickest and best hair to work with are GT 3 (looks just like Kirsten with bangs but long, straighter hair), GT24 (longer, wavy hair without bangs, but brown eyes), and Elizabeth (no bangs, great long wavy hair).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone so far for your inupt!

Princess Kailey: I thought someone said somewhere that the new GT27 has thinner hair?? I definitely like the thicker hair like Samantha. We have Nellie and although her hair really is so pretty, I would want a doll with thick hair for myself. Was I wrong about the new GT27 having hair on the thinner side??

Kit, Kat and Friends: Do you have any pics in your albums with #22's hair in that updo you were talking about? I guess I'm leaning toward a doll that would LOOK like Kirsten (because I just love her story) but I'm afraid GT22's hair isn't long enough or thick enough? I may be wrong tho!

Polly Marie: I do think Kailey and Marisol are beautiful, but they're just too expensive for me right now.... :-(

Wrx-gal & MaryCarly: Thanks for the suggestion to check out #24...I kinda am more drawn to a more "Kirsten" looking doll, but those freckles really are kinda cute! She does have nice hair too...

AGFanatic: thanks so much for the welcome!!!!

Jeanette M: I think the thing I don't like about Kristen unfortunately is her face mold - I don't like the area around her cheeks/mouth for some reason...I know you all know how when you see the doll that is meant for you, you just know...well I just don't feel it when I look at Kirsten. I am leaning toward GT22, but am afraid her hair isn't as good to style and play with as Kirsten...I don't know, I do feel like maybe Kirsten will grow on me maybe though...I guess that's why I was looking for the thoughts of others...! :-)

Sorry for the long reply, but thanks all for your thoughts!! Please keep them coming...
    I'm glad to have joined such a lovely group of ladies!
    ~Wiredmommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hi and welcome to the Board:

I want to get #24 because she reminds me of Ruthie on Seventh Heaven. I love the freckles and the wavy hair.

If you want Kirsten - I think she's pretty, but with Molly and Kirsten - I have left their hair braided because getting it back to the way it was is not so easy. If you don't care than go for it.

Whatever doll you get, get the one you like!! (you can always get another one later! Hah! Hah!)

Craftycarol51

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast