Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doll Duplicates: How do you handle them?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I could get used to calling a Samantha "Annie." It's really a great name for her - old fashioned and cute. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

HA! I have 7 Addys living here. The original/first one is of course "Addy" Louise. The other six have names that start with an "A":

Abigale Mae, Anita Mae, Amanda Lee, Amelia Dionne, Andrea Pauline, and Amy Beth. They are all modern AA girls. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Those Dark Chocolate Morsels! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have my childhood WB Kirsten and a PM Kirsten to play with, since my WB one is rather delicate after two decades of play. I list them as Kirstens I and II, but in real life I often call my WB Kirsten "Kirsie." When I was a kid my mom used to call Kirsten "Kirsie" and Felicity "Feliss." So the nickname sort of stuck.

I really don't like have duplicates much though. I plan to eventually change Kirsten II (PM tan body) to have hazel or gray eyes.

The two look pretty different anyway, but I dislike having two with the same hair/eyes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really don't like have duplicates much though. I plan to eventually change Kirsten II (PM tan body) to have hazel or gray eyes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't, either. That's why Penny has her haircut.

DCP 1621

Left: Sophia Lucrette Right: Penelope (Penny) Hestia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Mattel Molly was my first - my PM Molly came later. I call her MollyToo - if you say it fast it sounds like a real name! [img]wink.gif[/img] MollyToo is a modern girl - Molly's granddaughter! She wears glasses as well, but her's are lilac. I kept my original as the historical.

My first Samantha is also a Mattel and my second is PM. My second is Sammy and she is Samantha's great granddaughter and is a modern girl as well. Very sassy, unlike her great-grandma.

They all time travel often and visit with each other.

My 2 Felicity girls are still just that, although I am feeling that that's going to change soon. Not sure what is going to happen there.

Good luck with deciding what to do!
    Sandy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have 2 Molly's. DD's Molly is the first 18" AG to come to our house. Once I found the board I was convinced (easily) that I needed a doll of my own. I bid on a doll I thought was a today girl. She was in the old purple skating outfit and I had her named before I even won the auction. She is Dorothy for Dorothy Hamill, Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, and Dorothy for my favorite aunt who passed away a couple of days after I won the auction. She was really on my mind at that time. Anyway, her hair was awful and I have finally rewigged her in a Molly type wig. She is more modern than Molly, probably from the 60's. Molly is my favorite and someday DD will grow up and take her dolls with her. I'll still have Dorothy. I don't think I'll ever be able to call her Molly though.

I like the Sam/Sammie and Samantha idea. One could be more modern and wear clothes from another era. Or maybe your mom could keep one of the Samantha's and you could collect for your mom. She is always so supportive of your collection. I love that!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We used to have some of our dolls do double duty before AG came out with the friend dolls. Samantha was our Ruthie, and Kit was Nellie. It worked really well-maybe you could pick one of your Samanthas to be Ruthie until the official one comes out next year. Of course, then you will have a new dilemma-just keep the Ruthie you have or buy the new one. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So far, I have only had one duplicate of my historicals or LE's who come pre-named; and that was my 2nd red-haired, PM Felicity - who informed me upon her arrival that she wanted to be a modern girl names Felina! However, I currently have 2 duplicates undergoing repair work (my daughter's 1993 Felicity, and a rescued white-bodied Kirsten). I'm not sure yet what effect their refurbished selves will have on the naming situation!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talk to them. Out loud.

No, I'm not nuts.

Eventually, when you call their names enough, you'll start calling ONE of them by a nickname. It happened to me and Jess -- I noticed I started calling her 'Jessie' out loud. So try it, and see if that gets you anywhere.

T. Lynn

We have 2 Marisols and we renamed them. They are now twins named Abigail and Alyssa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast