Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I was wondering if this fabric would be likely to get pilly? Also, I need a little help with a decision. My husband got me a birthday gift and I had forgotten to put it on my list of outfits I already have so I had to send it back for an exchange. I wanted him to pick another dress and he chose Nellie's meet outfit which I think is darling. Since then I decided I just love Nellie and certainly plan on getting her someday which would be a return of her meet outfit...so to save on having to ship one of them back, I asked the husband to pick out another outfit and he chose the bird-watching outfit. Now I think this is really cute, but my only problem is I've been thinking about any possibilities of dresees I own that could go underneath, and I can't think of a single one that would look good. Would you just keep the exchange as it is with Nellies meet dress, and send one back later, or go with the bird-watching knowing you have nothing to go under it? Thanks girls...sometimes I'm astounded at how difficult I make these decisions.

Shanna

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 02, 2006 10:29 PM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't help you, and I'm not sure I can help myself at this point: I initially read the title of your message as "Samantha's Bewitching Outfit" and thought, cool, someone has made a OOAK Samantha doll from Bewitched! (shaking head at self) [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't know about the snag/pilly issue. But do you really not have anything that could go under Samantha's Bird Watching Outfit? I can almost even imagine her Lacy Pinafore Outfit underneath. And her School Dress seems a bit odd underneath, but that's what AG did so I'm sure it would grow on you (if you have it). It LOOKS low enough that you could even just make a skirt yourself (even if you don't sew, VERY easy) and use it underneath....what outfits for Sam do you have?

If you're going to buy Nellie, I definitely wouldn't buy her Meet Outfit now, though. I think it looks a WHOLE lot like Samantha's Winter Party Dress, so much so that I wouldn't ever get Nellie's dress for Sam.

(But, if you're going to wait a LONG time before getting Nellie, I guess the Meet Outfit might be a good choice.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure on the pilling part. I think, unless it's going to get a lot of play-time at your house, it will be fine. If you're just going to display and/or gently play with it, there won't be a problem.

That said, this is a very nice "outfit"! I thought it was so-so when I first saw it online, but I really liked it once I got it home. I love the color, although you are right, there's not many dresses in Sam's collection that will match it perfectly. I have an album of the birdwatching outfit:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2104306697

Samantha is wearing Nellie's Spring Party dress underneath, and Nellie wears her meet dress underneath, so you can see if you like either one of those. It might also complement her play dress or her white tea dress.

Don't worry about being indecisive over your purchases. You are definitely not alone in that! [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Elanor...too funny, I'm glad you posted that you thought I made a lovely bewitched outfit, it made me smile. Let's see for Sam (I don't have the doll) I have her coat, and her talent show dress. I think that the pinks are off for those two. I don't think it will be too long before Nellie comes to stay, maybe X-mas. Perhaps I should go with the other outfit the husband was thinking of which is Elizabeths summer one (the one that is mint green). I've just heard really mixed reviews on that one. Any more thoughts?? Thanks!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you don't even have Samantha, then my advice would be to wait on the Bird Watching Outfit. It just came out so I can't imagine it being retired soon, and once you get Nellie, it will look lovely on her, even in her Meet Dress.

I don't have anything at all of Elizabeth's, but her Summer Dress is pretty IMO, and it's certainly good weather for it! (That's the other thing; I find it a little hard to buy such obviously fall/winter clothing when it's so hot out! Granted, dolls don't feel the heat like people do, but I still can't imagine putting a jacket on a doll in this weather!) Others will have to post how Elizabeth's dress is in person, though.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! I know just what you mean. I had Kit's treehouse outfit before I got kit, but I've only had her during hot weather and just can't bring myself to dress he in a sweater and hat during August! It's funny isn't it? Thank-you!

Shanna