Thread: I want to my doll to try being a traveling doll but I'm scared!!

Inactive Member americangirlforever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm afraid she's going to get lost in the mail or something.

I*love*dolls

Originally posted by Ragon D.:
    I'm afraid she's going to get lost in the mail or something.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is the fact that people may not send her back for wahtever reason. AGs are worth a pretty penny, I wouldn't send her out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I know just what you mean!

We hosted Kit1934's Kirsten and had such a good time doing it that we want to do that too!

We may do it next fall/winter but, I know what you mean about being a little scared. I would ONLY send out one of our dolls to HB members or friends.

My sister moved to New Hampshire and we've been thinking about seeing if she'd host one of our girls because that way we can see the state where she lives without actually going there. We would love to visit her but, just can't right now. Doesn't that sound like fun????
    Her husband is gone out of town with his work alot so we thought it would give her some company too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you could try sending her out on a short trip, like to one or two people? It doesn't completely take away the risk but it doesn't make it seem so scary/ risky (atleast not to me).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You could send out something less expensive...like I know there's been a traveling Coconut before. What about traveling Licorice or one of the girl's pets? That is always a possibility. Start with something small and work your way up. Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you mean, I have a traveling doll out there right now, and you do take on a certian amount of risk. However, if these are people that are Hostboard members that have dolls of thier own, I doubt they would steal your doll. I feel totally safe with the group I'm sending Violet too.

And it is soooo fun to start seeing the albums! Here are a couple of Violet's travel albums to get you jazzed about sending your doll.

Violet Visit Washington

Violet Sees Canada

Violet visits a creek in Kentucky (This is one album of many that are really cute. Bean Bunny has put them all together for me!)

And, I am hosting Traveling Ruthie right now, and having a blast. Here is her album. Traveling Ruthie

I hope you decide to do a traveling doll. And like other members said, there is a risk to send her, but insure her, and she should be fine!

Jessica

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 08, 2006 06:28 PM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font>

Felicity_Fan85

Originally posted by 3castles:
    I know just what you mean!

We hosted Kit1934's Kirsten and had such a good time doing it that we want to do that too!

We may do it next fall/winter but, I know what you mean about being a little scared. I would ONLY send out one of our dolls to HB members or friends.

My sister moved to New Hampshire and we've been thinking about seeing if she'd host one of our girls because that way we can see the state where she lives without actually going there. We would love to visit her but, just can't right now. Doesn't that sound like fun????
    Her husband is gone out of town with his work alot so we thought it would give her some company too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's about a 16 hour trip for me from NC-NH. And since I don't have a license, my parents have to drive down to pick me up on Sat. (I know, I know- I'm going to work on getting my license this summer...).

I want to send a doll travelling but I would be scared too. I really would rather get a cheap fixer upper from either abay or a TS and send the doll out instead of a brand new one. Or if I get really bad I may just buy a non-AG to send out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sent Gemma, one of my most favorite Berenguer dolls, out as a traveling doll. I was worried the whole time she was gone, but I did take several precautions.

First, I only included HB members with more than 100 posts. I figured I knew enough about them by then to trust them with my doll. She was packed securely in an AG Hospital box and I insisted on insured Priority Mail with a tracking number. Having the number let both me and the person to whom she was going to next know where she was.

If I were to do it again, I would make certain each of the hosts would put up a web album of the visit so that subsequent hosts would know what she had done earlier. A series of albums documenting her trip is priceless. That alone made it worth the stress I was under worrying about where she was and whether she was OK.

Taffy