Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is everything I thought it would be!!! We had such a great time and we got everything on our immediate wish list--notice I said immediate--LOL. Mostly the retiring items. Here is a list of what we got.

Josefina's Weaving Outfit
    Josefina's Heirloom Accessories
    Kit's Treehouse Outfit
    Kit's Waffle Iron
    Kit's Typewritter
    Kit's Photography Set
    Molly's oxfords (I actually got 2 pair--I am thinking that Emily will want a pair!!!)
    Molly's Lunch Box
    Molly's Party Games (AGPLA was out of these so I had to call and I did so right from the store and they had some left, whew!!!)

We just had a wonderful time. The store is just beautiful and I could have spent much more time there---all ready for our next visit. I love each Historical room and all the displays.

All the little girls were soooo cute---we were watching them stand at the display case and pick out there new dolls---there was the cutest little girl, here sister was getting Jess and she was picking out the doll that looked like her---I think it was #21, and her Mom and Grandpa were saying okay now we just have to find her down here and she kept pointing and saying, "she is right here"!!! She was just adorable--couldn't have been more that 4 or 5.

It was fun to see how some of the girls dressed their dolls----I never thought of myself as a "purest" but now I think I am!!!

There was a little girl carrying her Samantha doll dressed in Molly's meet outfit and Samantha's Bertha Collar from her Tea dress--so cute!!!! My daughter and I thought she was sweet.

We were ready to go back on our drive home--just a fun place to go.

We went into Barnes and Noble (big mistake because Liza Minnelli was there signing autographs--another story) but there was this older man and we overheard him saying "she is a little too old to be carrying a doll around" speaking about a lady with her AG Doll--Some people just don't understand!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I'm glad you had such a great time, wish I could've been there, too. I'm sure it was a smart thing to think about Emily early, she'll be glad to have an extra pair of shoes. I can't wait to see what your trip inspires!

That poor man, his model train set is just to clunky to carry around, and he's just jealous.

Inactive Member dollyland's mom's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jen-----you're too funny!!! That was our exact thoughts too!!!

My daughter was saying on the way home-----how come it is okay for Men to collect trains and cars and we women can't have a doll collection!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad you had a good time! All the items you got are fantastic!

Hope AGPNY has the Molly party games, passing through there on Wed from Docs.. so I hope they got them otherwise going to order a set..

AG retires too many things at once and you got EOYBA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dollyland's mom:
    [QB]

All the little girls were soooo cute---we were watching them stand at the display case and pick out there new dolls---there was the cutest little girl, here sister was getting Jess and she was picking out the doll that looked like her---I think it was #21, and her Mom and Grandpa were saying okay now we just have to find her down here and she kept pointing and saying, "she is right here"!!! She was just adorable--couldn't have been more that 4 or 5.

[QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is my favorite thing about AGPC! I love to see all the little girls, dressed in the AG clothes, carrying their dolls, and to see how they have them dressed. Its really fun!
    ~Annie

Inactive Member dollyland's mom's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hope AGPNY has the Molly party games, passing through there on Wed from Docs.. so I hope they got them otherwise going to order a set..

Ria----Just a head's up-----I had someone call both Chicago and NY from the store and she said they no longer had them either!!! That is why I ordered right then and there!!!! I was afraid to even wait to go home to place my order. Then I met the actual Store Manager and she said that when something was discontinued they have to send them back. She was very sweet and it was fun to talk to her---she opened up Chicago and NY both and was out here now-----Since I have a retail background---and have been a Store Manager, I enjoyed our conversation tremendously----Oh, if only I lived closer to LA!!!!!!!!!!!! I would apply there in a heartbeat---just for fun!!!!
    !!!!!

This is my favorite thing about AGPC! I love to see all the little girls, dressed in the AG clothes, carrying their dolls, and to see how they have them dressed. Its really fun!

Annie-----Yes, that is by far the most fun!!! There was another adorable little girl having her picture taken in front of the store with her Grandma----she was dressed in Samantha's school dress, as well as her Samantha Doll, only in Navy Blue----her Mom said that someone made the outfits for her----just adorable!!!!!!!! She even had this large Navy Blue bow on top of her head---Just the cutest thing

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love your stories about watching the little girls with their dolls - that was my favorite thing, too!

I'll be taking my oldest granddaughter to an AGP the end of December/first of January for her 8th birthday to buy her first AG dolly. It will be my first AGP trip with an actual little girl! I know I'm at least as excited as she is - maybe more so!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 08, 2006 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>