Thread: Traveling internationally with dolls...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would really love to take Samantha with me to Italy. She is pretty much brand new (I got her last Christmas). We are going on a group tour. Is it too much of a risk to bring a doll on international travel? Do you have any suggestions if I do this?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ohh!! When are you going to Italy? I'm going in September and I'm going to bring Violet with me (AGT #25). I think like anything else that you travel with, keep on eye on it, and never leave it alone, same with a doll!

I can't wait to hear more about your Italy trip and I hope to see some pictures soon!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am just trying to convince my mom to let me bring her (lol)
    I think as it is a once in a lifetime experience, I should be able to share it with them, and Samantha is the one who would enjoy the trip the most I think.
    I'm going in July!! I'm going with my mom and a few of my friends and some other people from my church.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Sam is really getting excited now. I hope she can come. I know I would keep very good track of her...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I get to travel internationally I would want one of my dolls to come along too!

I would think about how I would store/carry the doll each step of the way. I would suggest a special carrier for the doll so that she doesn't get dirty or hurt. I know some people have used a small dog carrier, also, bjd dolls have a carrier bag that has velcro straps inside so that you can strap the doll in, not sure how the size would fit AG though. This may be a bit paranoid, but how about a leash that ties on the doll's wraist on one end and yours on the other? The first time in a new country could be a bit overwhelming, and airports/tourist spots are always crowed. You would want your eyes and hands free to explorer and not always having to worry about where you doll is [img]wink.gif[/img]

Have a good time and take a few pics for the rest of us! I'm sure you doll will love the trip as much as you do [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Katherine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The backpack/"leash" idea is a good one and it might help convince my mom to let me bring her. I'd buy the doll backpack from AG,but I'd be a little paranoid about not being able to see her, so I'll try to work something out or try one of the backpacks from Buildabear. Thank you!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have used over the shoulder tote bags or even regular back packs to store our dolls while traveling. I really prefer to have the doll enclosed inside my school backpack and can bring her out when I want but everyone doesn't know that it is a doll in my backpack unless I bring her out. Although going through security in Disney World I was told "Children shouldn't be kept in Backpacks."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sparkygrl:
    Although going through security in Disney World I was told "Children shouldn't be kept in Backpacks."
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Disney is so cute. I just went back there this spring break and I liked a lot better now than when I was little, I think.
    I think I would keep her in a backpack too, just because of the risk of theft, but I'd probably get tired of carrying her - though Sam is definitely better than pounds of fluff books!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stitch a nametag to the doll with your name and address, asking that she be sent back to you if lost.

Taffy