Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've pulled her hair out of the braids and put it in pigtails, but the crimp from the braids is so prevalent that it looks a bit funny. I've tried getting it wet and combing it then letting it dry, but that didn't help much. I've seen some Jess's in people's albums whose hair looks lovely in pigtails...could you share your secret. Also if you could spare a moment while you wait to give your opinions on the bitty twins I started a thread because I need to choose one and have seen none of them in person or even in photos other than AG ones. Thanks everyone! Here's hoping those photos come soon.

Shanna

T. Lynn

Sorry, I don't have a Jess but thought I would read your thread just incase I could help and pass some time away.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen some Jess's in people's albums whose hair looks lovely in pigtails...could you share your secret.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How long have you had your Jess? I'm a hair stylist at heart, so my dolls never have their hair in the original style for more than five minutes. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Malia (my Jess) had her hair out of its braids as soon as I got her home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had her since...hmmm...since Mollygirl had her sent to me, I would say several months at least. Is this the problem? I do love her hair in the braids but would like to style it other ways as well. Thanks!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to hear some responses to this as well, because I seem to have the same problem with my Jess. When I took her hair out of the braids it was really kinky in spots, and very straight in others. I thought it looked terrible, so I put it back in the braids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You may need to leave it out for a longer while until it relaxes. Maybe spritz it extremely well when brushing? I suppose you could steam it, but I wouldn't like Jess with poker straight hair and would be inclined to set it right away if I steamed her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I took my Jess's Hair out almost right after I got her. I brushed it really good and then put it in a ballet bun to try and get the curls out. I left the ballet bun in over night and then took it out when I woke up. When I took it out I brushed it really good. There was a little bit of curl left so that it wouldn't be flat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I took my Jess's hair out the day I got her, about 10 minutes after I opened the box. Just leave it out for, maybe, about a week. Mine's hair was quite nice after just a few days, as I brushed it a few times. If you get it entirely wet, and then just let it air dry, that should work, too.

It's very pretty, nice and just slightly curly around the ends.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank-you everyone for your comments. I will try leaving her hair out of the braids for awhile and see if it relaxes the kinks out a bit.

Thanks-again
    Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree - a little time, some spritz, and brushing did a world of wonder for my Jess's hair kinks.