Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I need help trying to figure out the value of the retired American girl travel set. I am selling the Garmet bag and Ditty bag but not the basket. I would appreciate any PM's with advise on what a fair price is. If you'd like to see a picture there is one in my FS post. I do know that it originally sold for $45 but it included a basket. I also don't know how long it has been retired. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Kristin

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Brown*Eyed*Girl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BUMP!!

Anyone? They are tagged 1989 if that helps.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Brown*Eyed*Girl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd put it up for a 7 day auction starting at $45. Because they're retired, they'll probably go for more than the original price, right? And without the basket, you may as well start it at the original price. But I'm not too knowledgeable about AG eBaying yet, or eBaying in general, so that's my guess. But at $45, even though it's been a while, you won't be losing any money.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I rarely see this set on Ebay, and yes, it was $45 to begin with (I checked my old 1991 catalogue), so I would either do a BIN of $45 or start the auction low at 9.99, but maybe include a reserve if you are afraid people won't bid it up. I love doing BINs on my things on Ebay, because I just list it for the price that I want, and others can take it or leave it. Also, do an Ebay search of "completed listings" to see how much similiar sets have sold for. Just my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only one that recently sold on e-bay had the basket, too and went for only $30.