Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a seller who has just sent an e-mail about 6 weeks after I won an auction to bug me to leave feedback for them. I wasn't all that happy about the items I received. (Just not in that great of condition and arrived smelling of smoke. I didn't ask about a non-smoking home so that is my fault) Usually I will just leave no feedback at all if I'm not happy with something. Therefore, I just did not leave feedback. However, this person e-mailed me about feedback a week after the auction ended which kind of bugged me anyway and today I got another e-mail from them to ask me to leave feedback. I'm just wondering if this sort of thing has ever happened to anyone else? - Meg B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It has happened to me a lot. Sometimes I even get the "helpful" reminder before the item arrives. LOL
    If I am happy with the seller and just hadn't gotten around to the feedback, I would email them and thank them for the reminder. Then I would make sure I left feedback right away. If I wasn't happy, I would just ignore them. Eventually it becomes too late to leave feedback and then they leave you alone.

joelanddeborah

I do the same thing--I mean, I don't leave feedback if I'm really not happy with the condition of something--so I understand what you mean completely. If I were you, I would just send her a really nice message back. Tell her you were kind of disappointed in the condition of the items, but you felt like it was partially your fault for not investigating everything thoroughly. Hopefully, she will understand that a cordial message from you is MUCH better than neutral or negative feedback. [img]confused.gif[/img]

I understand what your motives are, and obviously, you're a fair ebayer, because you've thought it through from both points of view. There's just too much nastiness out there! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Good luck with it!
    Deborah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have they left feedback for you?

A lot of sellers tend to not leave feedback for the buyer until they have left them feedback. If they have not left feedback for me and email me and ask for the feedback, I usually tell them that once they leave feedback for me, I will leave the appropriate feedback.

I'm not a feedback hog though so I don't really care if they leave feedback or not. I don't sell on ebay much, but I buy a lot. The feedback that I have speaks for itself. I will leave feedback only if the seller has left feedback for me, or if the transaction went well and I am thoroughly pleased with the item. I don't think retaliatory feedback is fair. Most sellers know exactly what they are selling.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'm pretty new to e-bay with a whopping feedback of 5 and my experience has been only as a buyer. I have only had 1 seller leave feedback for me before I left feedback for them. It's like they're waiting to see what I say before they'll leave me feedback (one never did, although I think the transaction went smoothly on both ends). I REALLY wish e-bay would go to a blind feedback system, where you can't see what (if anything) they say about you until you leave your feedback. That would eliminate "retalitory" feedback, and I think feedback would be more meaningful.
    Jo

joelanddeborah

Hey, what a great idea! Wouldn't that be SOOO much better?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for the input. I just went back to the original auction and remember now what my issue was. The auction says the home is smoke and pet free but the items did smell slightly of smoke when the arrived. I kept them outside in my carport for a couple of weeks and then they smelled OK when I brought them inside. The quality was actually OK. This person has not left me feedback yet. I feel that I really just do not want to leave feedback at all, but I may send a pleasant response to their e-mail telling why. Thanks again! - Meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm kind of the same way. I try to find something positive to say but if I can't then I usually opt to say nothing. Those e-mails bother me too especially when you get them and hardly any time has gone by. As a seller I always leave feedback once payment is made. When buying I usually wait until I have a few transactions and leave them all at once. My only negative was for not leaving feedback which really bugged me for a while but that was a couple of years ago.