Thread: 2 new arrivals!! Woot! small problem though!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Well my parcel post packages finally came, and both on the same day! Yippee!! I have the most gorgeous pm Sam, wait till you see her hair! And finally my AGT21, whose name is Anna Mae! I won them both on ebay from the same seller.I will be posting [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] soon.

Problem: these two girls smell like smoke! Yuk! I still love them, but now I need to know how to get rid of that awful smell! I am not a smoker and I didn't even think to ask the seller if they were from a smoke-free home. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    What can I do?
    ~Annie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pretty dolls! It is too bad about the smoke. [img]frown.gif[/img] I dislike smokey things too. The only thing I can think of is to give them a baking soda bath and lay them in the sun with fresh air. It is bound to help, but I doubt you will get rid of all of the odor without taking them apart and washing their body and their hair.
    Poor dollies. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

chrstnwmn7

Try fabreeze and letting them air out on a sunny day. I would do that multiple times and see what happens considering you are in love with your new girls!

Inactive Member Lauren*Lizzie's*Mom's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you could replace the stuffing?? I saw in the doll repair link where someone took the head off and actually washed the doll body in a lingere bag then placed in a pillow case and washed on gentle? Or try dusting them with baking soda and laying them in the sun....then either lightly vacum it off or just brush it off with your hand?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 01, 2006 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Lauren*Lizzie's*Mom ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I know! Isn't that a drag! You can bet I will be sure to ask about smoke and odors from now on. An expensive lesson. Oh well, I have already started to febreze them and I gave them a good bath on all the vinyl parts with baking soda. I really hate to wash Sam's hair as it is still in great banana curls. I would hate to loose those! [img]confused.gif[/img]
    ~Annie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Put them into individual pillow cases and then stuff around them with newspaper. (use the pillow cases to keep the print off of the dolls) do this and leave them a day or two and the smoke smell should be gone!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I've never heard that! Thanks!
    ~Annie