Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I'm new to the board and have found this board to be a wealth of information when I've been lurking in the past. I guess most of us start as lurkers. I'm thinking of getting my DD the wheelchair for Christmas. How tall is the wheelchair? Can it be pushed around by a smaller child?
    Also, get well kit is cute but seems expensive, any thoughts on if it's worth the money.
    Thanks for your help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all WELCOME to the board! We are always glad to have new members. But just beware [img]wink.gif[/img] , it can become quite addictive!!!

Well, I don't have either of these, but I do remember many reviews on these. Let me see if I can help....

I have heard the newer wheelchair is not as nice as the original. It is not as sturdy and seems to be made a bit cheaper. Here's the link on AGPlaythings to the review of the retired version of the wheelchair...

http://agplaythings.proboards105.com...ead=1152452648

You can try looking for the older version of the wheelchair on e-bay. Maybe others will be able to give a better personal review of this.

I have heard wonderful things about the feel-better kit. Here's a link to the AGPlaythings Board and that particular review...

http://agplaythings.proboards105.com...ead=1149305498

HTH!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 19, 2006 07:28 PM: Message edited by: uktmw ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! You are going to love it here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the posting these reviews. I was just going to get DD a regular Doctor's kit from the toy store but now I'll probably get feel better kit too. I guess it's easier to justify if I can get $10 off. Can you tell I'm already addicted?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome ot the board! You'll love it here. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Everyone is so nice and helpful...but beware...enablers are among us. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to this great group of people! I have the Feel Better Kit and I love it. I am an adult collector it is really cute. My sister sees no reason to collect and play with dolls but she fell in love with it. We were watching a Redskin game last season and I had one of my dolls dressed to cheer for the home team. She got knock over and my BIL felt bad that she feel. I went downstairs, got the kit and fix up the broken bones! They all really enjoyed it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, HopesMom! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] We are glad you decided to come out of "lurkdom" and make yourself known! Hope you continue to find this board a valuable resource. I don't have the wheelchair, but I have seen it. It is too short for a child to push while standing up - the handles are only about 10 inches off the floor. but a child sitting on the floor with it would love it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice to meet you! I don't have any AG wheelchair, but I've heard the VERY best one is actually a non-AG product at http://www.sew-dolling.com/physical_..._dollequip.htm I'm not sure what you want the wheelchair for, but if your girl uses one to get around, it MIGHT be a little closer to what she uses, and it's metal. (Although, it looks nothing like the Quickie models that most people in wheelchairs seem to be using now; it does match up perfectly to the one my dad used to use, though, before he got a Quickie.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for information on wheelchairs choices. My daugther does not use a wheelchair. I am just looking at getting her one for pretend play. Her dad works in a hospital,and her Aunt is a PA. My daugther is still young so I also thought it would good in teaching her how to take care of her dolls. She already does well at 2 1/2 but figured playing Doctor would be better than pretending to do sports at this age. Definitely easier on the dolls.