Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I have all of these dolls- 11 of them, and I play with them all the time, yet I am constantly thinking of which dolls I want next. My AG list is so long! It gets shorter everytime I get a paycheck, I guess, but I still feel so greedy!

MissCurlyCat

Hmmm...

I was feeling that way too a few days ago, that and over crowed with dolls. So I sold a doll.

Why don't you spend more time with dolls you don't normally spend time with? And get off the internet more. If you limit your computer time your less likely to see something you want.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you are playing with your dolls all the time, then it's obvious that you need some more! You're not being greedy at all. It's not like you're just collecting more and more, just to let them sit and gather dust...

An active hobby like yours needs to be maintained and re-supplied regularly!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

(Right, prasnlrd? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] )

Felicity_Fan85

I tend to (hold on-pen fell off desk-ok) think about which dolls I would love to add but I am thinking of trying to buy more outfits and accessories and not buy another doll (cheap ebay fixer upper does not count) until next year. I'm not sure if that will happen or not, but it's a try. I really should save my money for other things like text books next year. But I don't think your being greedy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's NOTHING wrong with wishing and dreaming! If you had all that stuff and wouldn't share it (say, pictures with us), that would be greedy. I have stuff that I'd kind of like to have, and I guess I *could* just empty out my bank account and have them, but I know it's better to save for other things. Sometimes just knowing that certian dolls/accessories exist is enough for me.

However, if you're still feeling bad, do some charity. Try donating some toys to somewhere. You'll feel a lot better!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Bean Bunny - it is very normal to wish and dream. If you are buying dolls instead of paying your bills, then I would say that is wrong. It sounds like you are enjoying your hobby. Don't feel guilty about it. It is a simple pleasure that doesn't hurt anyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

I know the feeling. I feel greedy when I think about how many dolls we have in the house. Right now we have 14 all together. My sister wants a Kit for my niece so sometimes I think about letting her have my Kit but I haven't been able to give her up yet. I already gave her a rewigged Kirsten last year. She brings her doll with her when the girls have a playdate and they drag out all their stuff and have a blast.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my opinion, the only reason to feel guilty is if you are buying dolls at the expense of other more necessary things, like rent, gas, and food. [img]eek.gif[/img] And if you didn't do anything with your dolls once you had them, just pushed them aside and ordered the next one, that would be a different story...but you said yourself you play with them all the time. If you are enjoying them and having fun and not making yourself bankrupt, keep on dreaming and enjoying! There's nothing wrong with thinking about what you want and what you might get next. Heck, I have...er...I can't remember what the count is on my dolls at the moment, but it's a lot, and I never feel guilty. [img]redface.gif[/img] I'm always dreaming and planning what I want to get next, even if I won't be able to afford it for a year or more. If I can't afford something, I don't buy it, so when I finally do I know I've saved a long time and I don't feel bad. I choose to spend my extra money on dolls, and if it wasn't dolls it would be something else, clothes or books or movies or something. If the dolls are what you really want, then go for it. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]