Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it depends on if you want a complete collection of a doll. Each doll has so many cute outfits that you really don't need the retired outfits unless you really like the set. I got Addy's stilts outfit. The color does not look all that great on Addy. I have Samanth in it now just because I think she looks better wearing it. The Addy stripped dress is ok, but I really don't like the colors.

Kirsten's retired check dress and plaid dress are as cute as can be on her and I would say get them if you like them.

If I were you I would go to curt's site and look at the retired outfits and find the outfits you like the most and start looking for them on ebay.

http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Main.html

As far as furniture goes; Felicity's retired clothes press is one of the most useful pieces. It is made to fit the scale of the bed set and is great to store Felicity's clothes in. (I wish that they made Kit's, Josefina, Addy and Kirsten trunk a size that would match in scale with their beds and Molly a dressers with working drawers.) Josefina's piano is very cute, but it does not come with a bench and Josefina's chair is too tall for her to put her legs under the piano as you would to play. So although I love the piece, I would not put it at the top of your get list.

Hope that helps.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I had the money just sitting there waiting to be spent, I'd pay $40 or $50 for Kirsten's retired short story dresses. I really want her Plaid Dress but really can't afford it.

Of course, some people don't buy many outfits/accessories at all...after all, for the price of two retired Kirsten dresses, I could probably buy a brand new doll...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Stephanie31802:
    Interesting question...
    I have a couple of the LE outfits and while I love them, I don't think that they are worth the price they go for on ebay.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thought exactly! It is like I have them, but would never pay what they go for now if I didn't. I tihnk sometimes people want something just because it is retired. Now I REALLY want Molly's Camp Gear with the bugs. I didnt want it when I was little because I was terrified of bugs....lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12