Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

If the gymnastics leotard is being sold separate from the 2-in-1 Gymnastics Outfit, why would AG sell a a purple one and not the red/white/blue one? I don't understand the marketing on this one. I'm considering getting three leotards to make a team of gymnasts. That means the leotards have to all match, right? Do team members ever wear different outfits?

Did a board member have a gymnastics team in an album? I vaguely recall seeing a team somewhere but don't remember where.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember seeing one also but I dont remember who had it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The purple one is from the retired set; I think AG is just clearing out their warehouse to make room for new items (probably new stuff for Molly).

I imagine the purple leotards are leftover replacement parts(?).

Someone else called CS, who said the red, white, and blue pictured for the sale leotards was a mistake--the purple ones are the ones on sale.

I myself ordered 2 leotards since the price was so cheap and I already have the red white and blue gymnastics outfit--I was planning to have 3 of my dolls wear the leotards, and another one wear the warm-up pants and jacket as "coach" of a team.

THEN someone posts that the sale leotards are purple-- but that's OK, since I also have the retired purple gymnastic outfit (came on an ebay doll); I'll just have a purple team instead of red, white, and blue. Not Olympics colors, but for $4 each, I can deal. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

P.S. You'd think AG could get it together, and roust out an old picture of the purple leotard to post on the site--they're going to get a lot of calls from surprised customers who were expecting the red, white, and blue! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW, that was quick! Now, they've got a picture of the purple leotard up on the site!!!

Now if only AG would listen to me about a few other things..... [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure that person who had an Olympic team was Linzystar, but I could be wrong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JuliaAM:
    If the gymnastics leotard is being sold separate from the 2-in-1 Gymnastics Outfit, why would AG sell a a purple one and not the red/white/blue one? I don't understand the marketing on this one. I'm considering getting three leotards to make a team of gymnasts. That means the leotards have to all match, right? Do team members ever wear different outfits?

Did a board member have a gymnastics team in an album? I vaguely recall seeing a team somewhere but don't remember where.

Julia
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are certain types of meets where they have to match, but not all meets. If you wanted to you could have the purple be the club leo and the red, white and blue be for the best girl on that team (maybe she's the only one from her club to have made the National Team).

I have a few pics of my girls doing gymnastics in one of my albums. I've been taking more pictures too, so one of these days the album'll be updated. [img]smile.gif[/img] But I think there was another girl who bought several of the current gymnastic set and made her own Olympic Team.