Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my sig is the beginning of my doll wall unit. This was the only wall I could put the unit on so it is as wide as the wall. Because of the height of Felicity's clothes press and the arch of the ceiling, I was only able to get one display box on the left side and two on the right for dolls with not so tall furniture. I am planing to using the space above Felicity's box for Kit. Thought the arch in the ceiling rather works with her story. So her furniture is next on my list.

Under the three boxes, is a space for books. Behind the books is a space for extra storage for furniture. The storage space is tall enough to fit Addy's table.

I wanted somewhere to put the dolls trunks, so on the bottom is space for all the trunks I have (or plan to get.)

I am still waiting for the painters to finish/start painting the wall unit. Maybe this week but then that is what I heard last week. So not holding my breath. I will post more pictures when it is finished.

I plan to have more displace boxes made that will sit on the floor and can be moved. Because of the shortage of space, I had the three display boxes made as part of the unit and cannot be removed. For displaying the three of the historical dolls.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are some pictures of my dollhouses on my website, www.ourdolls.net , but they aren't very complete ones. I don't have any more at the moment, but the dollhouses are VERY big. They take up a lot of space in each room of the house. The Parkington Mansion is the biggest; it takes up half of our living room.
    Greta

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is an album I made of my doll room as it is now. I am in the process of redecorating it, so I guess these are the "before" pictures. It will have new carpeting to match the rest of my bedrooms (white with little neutral flecks) and the queen bed will be replaced with a blue and white ticking twin size sleeper sofa. Without the big bed, there will be lots more room for dolly playing. The plastic tubs and some of the plastic drawers will be replaced by a white 6 drawer dresser which will fit under the white wall shelf. I have also found a wonderful white table to put in the corner - perfect size to hold the scenes and settings books. I cleaned out the closet (massive project!) and converted it with multiple spring tension rods to hold the clothes on the two racks. Now, the trick is to create a link for my album, I'm not so computer savvy!

Lin
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2106593709

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS...I forgot to mention that thanks to LOTS and LOTS of kind assistance from American_Mommie, I am creating some backdrops for the individual doll rooms from the small scenes in the paper doll sets. After much detailed instruction and some trial and error, I have one backdrop (Kit's attic bedroom) properly scaled, printed, and ready to assemble. I would never have even thought of this possibility had it not been for American_Mommie's album of her doll rooms. My rooms are smaller than many of yours, as the cabinet was not purpose built for doll display, but I like that they are lighted, and the displays don't require nearly as much dusting as they are well up off the floor. Lin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12