Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since my addiction started, I have collected a bunch of stuff that needs a home. I have volunteered my hubby to help build our girls a house. I've seen some posts with beautiful doll rooms and dolly houses. Does anyone have any hints/suggestions. How did you decide on sizes? It would be great to have a thread where people could post pictures of their rooms (hint, hint). Thanks
    Sarah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, my dolls all go to a boarding school. They have 1/4th of our basement. My grandfather makes them bunk beds, but other than that we don't really have a lot of furniture. I think it's easier to play with them all in one area, but I like the idea of doll rooms/houses. I think the pictures would be a good idea too... I know some people have them on ledges that are part of the house's architecture.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also would love to see everyone's rooms/houses. Especially with sizes which I'm seem to lack being able to visualize anything the right size.

Felicity_Fan85

I like looking at peoples' doll rooms too. I need to give my girls more room because my collection keeps growing too. And right now I have no room and so I have to get rid of stuffed animals and reorganize everything so I can hopefully get at least a tall, thin bookcase for my girls. Then their collections can be displayed instead of them being on my bed and everything being in boxes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you go to Meg's doll rooms page and click on the link that tells about how she made them, she has the dimensions of her rooms and lists of supplies she used to build them. It's a pretty great resource!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, what I did to figure out what size rooms to make was to lay out the furniture I had and see what size floor the room would need. Then I looked at my tallest piece of AG furniture, Felicity's clothes press and added 1 or 2 inches in height to that for the walls. I also made Felicity's room a little larger on floor space since she would be the only doll who needed to have a big enough room to hold her press too. I do wish i had made Josefina's room a little larger to hold her piano. But at the time I made her room I never guessed I would actually one day own her piano.

I'm planning on making a little bathroom once I finish the kitchen, which is taking forever. The bathroom will be a lot smaller than the other rooms as far as the floor space goes, but still the same height and depth. I'm just making it the right size to fit between my four doll rooms which are stacked 2 on top of each other and at either end of our attic. There's maybe about 2 1/2 feet inbetween the rooms that will be the bathroom, and on top of the bathroom I'm going to make a little patio (kind of like the ones they made for the mini rooms.

meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are lots of pictures of my Doll Mansion at the Maria's Doll House site. I did the same thing Meg did! I set up my furniture on a table and measured to see how big each room would need to be to hold it. I like having the rooms be deep!

If you have any questions about my dollhouse, just ask! Overall, it's about 10 feet wide and goes floor to ceiling.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 08, 2006 08:14 AM: Message edited by: JustMagicMaria ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maria, how do you get to see your doll mansion on that side? It asks for a user name and password to connect or something?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Use the username and password to the right of the "Maria's Doll House" link in her siggy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can I say.."duh"?

I guess that's what I get for scanning past siggies lately....

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast