Thread: My Hopscotch Hill Order Got Here!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gwen and Hallie arrived this afternoon along with some books. Gwen is for my niece, but Hallie is mine. Anna was excited to have a new little sister to share her basket abode in the closet.

I have to admit that I found the AG website's pictures of the HSH girls pretty darned creepy, but decided to get her after some HB members shared their pictures. It also seemed like a good idea to have some dolls to go along with the wonderful books from the HSH series. CS kindly refunded me the difference this morning since I had ordered them before they were marked down again but hadn't recieved them yet. You sure can't beat $12 for these dolls, especially compared to Barbie or Bratz.

In person, Hallie does not look like that creepy AG photo of her. In fact, she really reminds me of the picture of Nan on Felicity's Family and Friends pages.
    They share a very similar mouth that can be interpreted as a slightly shy smile, although Hallie's has a bit more of a smirk. From some angles, her eyes look like they're looking up a little and her poseable head allows her to tilt her chin down slightly and achieve a very similar effect to Nan's picture. Her hair has a slight reddish tone, though it is definitely darker and more brown than Felicity's, but for some reason I always imagined Nan as having hair a few shades darker. Hallie has a little bit of short bangs, though, that Nan didn't have.

So, yeah, it seems that Hallie has chosen to be Nan, Felicity's little sister, as her alter-ego. Her face alternately seems to resemble Nan at her most cheerful or during the moments in the movie where she seemed to be playing a bit of a suck-up "I'm so sweet and innocent but let's see if I can get my big sister in trouble" attitude. I can just see her excitedly rushing to the front door to meet Felicity after her lessons and beg her to teach her the latest dance steps Miss Manderly has taught, just like in the "Felicity's Dancing Shoes" short story. If you look at stories like this, Nan actually was pretty energetic just like Felicity, but in an indoors sort of way.

Standing, the Hallie doll would need to be a bit shorter and probably a bit chubbier to be completely believable as a little sister to the AG girls, but the height difference is better and I think that she and Anna (who will stand in for Felicity until further notice) look especially adorable and like sisters when they're sitting down next to each other. I think their heads are a pretty good difference for that between a six and ten-year-old, though she would probably look out of place if baby Polly was added. A proper Colonial costume could do a pretty good job of disguising how skinny she is, but Hallie probably won't get any new clothes until I've gotten a few things taken care of.

I'll post pictures as soon as I've gotten access to a digital camera. (Don't hold your breath!) For now, I just wanted to share how my Hallie has decided to be Felicity's little sister Nan and also to let people know how cute these dolls are in person so that the creepy AG photos don't deter you from taking advantage of such a great deal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad you like them. DD loves them (I do too.) I didn't see the great $12 sale price until it was too late (sold out now, at least on the web site for now, I will check again later.) However my DD has them both, and I ordered an extra set for me or a gift so I have enough.)