Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jess, most definitely!!

She is adorable, so much cuter than her photos. I know I'm in the minority here, but 25 doesn't do anything for me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both look better in real life than in pictures (especially the AG magazine pictures).
    But I would go with Jess, because you can always get 25. Jess is so unique. I wish I could get her, but I made a deal with my sister (who REALLY REALLY wants Jess) that I could buy Jess's skirt for myself and she could get Jess. I couldn't have gotten Jess anyway, because she has my mom sold on the idea that she gets all the LE's (TOTALLY not fair. Kailey and Linsi are some of my favorite dolls! I only didn't get Marisol because she was a LOT like my sister in personality). Anyway, I wish I had pushed harder to get her - not like I'm upset with Elizabeth or Harper or anything (who I am getting)!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to get Jess before the year is out.....and lucky that I am to live in NY, I will be able to pick her out myself.

What are the issues people are having with Jess that I should look for when choosing my doll?

Carol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Jess, but I don't really care for her specifically as the character in her book (though I did like the book). I just think she's a very pretty doll, and to me she will have a different personality.

I do occasionally take her out from under the bed just to look at her, but she can't come out til she has the proper outfit. She so looks like Keira Knightley in Pride and Prejudice, so she will be "Jess, the Regency re-enactor". Just waiting on Lizzie's brown dress from the movie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What are the issues people are having with Jess that I should look for when choosing my doll?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's an inventory of the problems I've heard/experienced so far:

Wig:
    * Lump in front of wig
    * Strings dangling from wig
    * Bald spot on the ver front part
    * Short hairs (not over the back part - all over) that stick up and "sprout" - I had to trim them all.
    * Hair that sheds excessively (unfortunately, you won't know until you get her - but I think a lot of hair in the box is a good indication)

Head:
    * Crossed or sunken eyes.

Body:
    * Lumpy/poorly stuffed torso.

Anyone have anything to add?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forgot to add: I was trying to decide between #25 and Jess. I decided to get Jess because #25 will be around longer. Also, Jess has a new face mold. The catalog pictures don't do her justice - especially since she looks best with her hair down. I would post pictures but I'm not in LA right now, I'm visiting my parents. When I got Jess, I was heartbroken over forgoing 25, but after playing with Jess, when I went back to AGPLA I was able to look at #25 without guilt. In fact, I'm actually leaning towards #22 right now - I'd love to have her be Mary Jacky Faber (From the great book "Bloody Jack" - which I highly recommend.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you should get Jess because she is cute, and because she will not be here next year, it would be a good idea to get her now. You don't want to be like some of us-paying double and more for a doll because it's retired and you can't find it anywhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12